Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy–Faith 2.2

Screenshot-207
Back at the Russell house, we’re madly trying to skill up three toddlers in three days.Thank goodness it is Sunday so that Grace is home to help out.

TS3W 2011-06-18 11-50-32-47
Yes! My first Prom invite! Er, I mean, Grace’s first prom invite. Now, she needs to rustle up a date. I checked her panel to see what teenaged guys she knew.
Screenshot-208
Sean Bumgarner was the most interesting option. I *think* he comes from Los Aniegos, but I’m not sure. He may be a Harmony original.
Screenshot-209
Grace and Sean took an instant liking to each other.
TS3W 2011-06-18 12-05-27-03
Yes, Grace, you may ask Sean to the Prom. That’s why we invited him over.
Screenshot-211
Sean said yes and stuck around to do his homework with Grace. Notice Mason looking on. Remind you of anyone you know, Mason?
Screenshot-212
Mason: Listen up, Sean. I know exactly what you’re thinking about Grace because I thought the same thing about Mrs. Russell when I was your age. You break my little girl’s heart and I’ll break your legs, Do we understand each other?
Sean: Loud and clear, Sir.
Mason: Good. Some day when you and Grace are older and I’m dead, you may have a daughter of your own and then you’ll understand.
Screenshot-213
Even though Grace is almost a woman. Mason does still have some little girls. Hope really likes the dragon spring toy.
Screenshot-215
So much so that she doesn’t want to get off when the ride is done. Her pouting is so adorable (true, that wouldn’t be adorable in real life). I am giving a standing ovation to the team that coded the toddlers on the spring toys. In TS2, I hated toddlers with a passion. They cried all of the time and skilling them was a pain without smart milk. Pre-Generations TS3 toddlers were tolerable, but now I love them to death! Way to go, EA!
Screenshot-221
Speaking of toddlers, Love celebrated her toddler birthday.She inherited her mother’s hair color and her grandmother’s eye color.
Screenshot-219
Her twin brother, Courage, also got their mother’s hair color, and to my delight, he got Mason’s eye color. Mason’s eye color must be recessive because only one out of the six kids got it.
TS3W 2011-06-18 13-24-15-27
On Love and Courage’s birthday, Faith rolled this want. Are you smoking crack, woman? You’re not even a family-oriented Sim!
Screenshot-220
With six kids in the house, birthdays come quickly. The triplets soon aged up to child. Honor added Frugal to Loner and Grumpy. With a winning personality like that, there was only one thing for me to do with him.
Screenshot-223
I shipped him off to Smugglesworth Prep. I’m a little disappointed he didn’t spin into a uniform before leaving. You missed an opportunity for an homage to TS2, EA.
Screenshot-222
Honor’s sisters stayed behind. Charity added Genius to Hates the Outdoors and Excitable. She also signed up for Ballet classes.
Screenshot-249
Hope added Neat to Easily Impressed and Loves the Outdoors. She joined the Scouts. I don’t know what it is, but I am very fond of Hope. Her pouting on the dragon must have endeared her to me.
Anyway, Charity and Hope aged up with some special friends. Remember in my last post, I mentioned that I had re-named their imaginary friends.
Screenshot-226
Please welcome Hope’s imaginary friend, PaulyD….
Screenshot-225
…and Charity’s imaginary friend, TheSituation. (And yes, I had to spell it without a space, otherwise his name would not have fit.) Unfortunately, Snooki probably won’t get the opportunity to come to life because I shipped Honor off to prep school.
Screenshot-224
Hope also brought home from school her friend Barry Chesterman, whose dad’s name is….wait for it… Harry Chesterman!
Screenshot-230
I think Hope and Barry are cute together. I plan to hook up the Lazlo kids with their spouses as early as possible. Otherwise, Story Progression will snatch all the good spouses away. You are looking at the future Mrs. Hope Chesterman.  Wait a minute? Hope Chest-erman! I swear, I didn’t realize that until just now. Barry, you were already full of win, but I love you even more now.
Screenshot-231
The only snag in my plan may be PaulyD. I have a feeling he may be a barrier to Barry. A Barryier?
Ok, I’ll stop now.
What you’re really wondering about is how Grace’s prom went.
Screenshot-227
Grace got all dolled up and a white limo picked her up. I was disappointed that Sean didn’t come pick her up. Also, she really needs a corsage. I hope some clever CC artist will make some. Oh, and I also have to mention my disappointment with EA at the lack of formal dresses for teen girls. If you add the Prom, EA, you better add a bunch of prom dresses! Who wants to bet what one of next month’s new Store Sets will probably be?
Screenshot-228
Anyway, as I’m sure most of you know by now, the Prom is really just a rabbit hole. The kids show up at the school and go inside. Why aren’t they wearing formal clothes??? I think Twallan has a fix for this in V196 of Story Progression. I’ll make sure to install that before playing Harmony, Summer, River, and Leaf.
So, since this a rabbit hole, I got inundated with messages about what a good time Grace was having.
TS3W 2011-06-18 18-15-40-80
TS3W 2011-06-18 18-14-56-28
TS3W 2011-06-18 18-13-51-62
TS3W 2011-06-18 18-17-39-54
TS3W 2011-06-18 18-10-59-89
While I am thrilled that she had a wonderful time, I’m a little sad that I didn’t get to see her get her first kiss from her first boyfriend. On the bright side, I think we know who Grace’s future husband will be. Unless Harmony has an equally wonderful Prom, Grace will likely have the first Generations-style Wedding Party.
Screenshot-234
Grace was also named Prom Queen, but I guess I missed getting that screencap. She brought home a crown and a photo of her and Sean.
Screenshot-237
Grace was on Cloud Nine after the prom. Look at her lazily playing around in the sand.
Screenshot-241
And look at her dopey expression while eating a burnt hamburger.
Screenshot-243
She invited Sean over later in the week and we got to see him without his shades.
Screenshot-244
Why she spun into her formal outfit before stargazing, I don’t know, but I think it’s still a nice shot. Grace really is a beautiful Sim, She might be the prettiest born in game Sim I’ve had.
Anyway, the next time we play her lot, she’ll be ready to age up to Young Adult, so that wedding will be happening soon! But before that, we’ve got to go back to Chance’s lot and then on to Fortune’s because Harmony needs to age up before Grace to stay in chronological order. Stay tuned!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 25
Careers:  3
LTW: 6
Skill Challenges: 14
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 1 
Total Points: 50

4 comments:

  1. LOVED it! Don't know what else to say! Just loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kerr. I had a blast playing this lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Sims 3 toddlers are so much better than the Sims 2 tots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, Sean looks a LOT older than Grace, LOL! And 10 babies in TS3? I don't think I could ever do that. That woman is insane!

    I, unfortunately, can't stand TS3 toddlers! They are little evil gremlins of misery, LOL! I think I had three or four at a time once and I vowed to myself, never agaaaain! I always shorten the 'week' they are supposed to remain toddlers.

    ReplyDelete