Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy—Chance 2.2

Screenshot-18
It’s time for another visit with Chance’s family. Serendipity has a sour expression because she realizes that neither Chance nor I are really into working on her toddler skills. Chance’s excuse is that he dislikes children. I have always preferred playing the larger households because there is always something to do or someone causing drama. Chance’s family is small and they are mainly focused on skill building, so this week moved slowly.

TS3W 2011-06-25 16-43-22-26
As if sensing my need to spice things up, Chance rolls this wish. Since I’m still playing under the “Strict Family Values” handicap, he and Nichol have to try for baby if they roll a woohoo wish. I am so done with Generation 3! No more babies please, it’s time for Generation 4 to be born.
Screenshot-20
Generations came with the option to woohoo in the shower. I assumed that the chance for baby was lower in the shower versus the bed, so I allowed Chance and Nichol to have at it. Luckily (for me anyway), their attempt was unsuccessful. Whew, dodged that bullet.
Screenshot-22 
Serendipity aged up to child. She gained the Easily Impressed trait, but it was her Athletic trait that really kicked in. By the way, she now shares two traits with her father and looks just like him. I think she’s definitely a daddy’s girl.
Screenshot-23
She surprised Chance by asking for a treadmill for her teen birthday. Hey, at least she didn’t ask for a car.
Screenshot-24
Nichol continued working on her lifetime wish of Physical Perfection. Her daily routine has become get up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, spar with Chance, go to bed, rinse and repeat. Nichol and I were getting very frustrated because no matter how hard she tried, she could not beat Chance at sparring, even when she had a higher Martial Arts skill.
Screenshot-25
Chance didn’t help matters by gloating when he won. He won so much it made me wonder if he had a special advantage because he was the son of a Martial Arts Master. I know children of Firefighters get the Pyromaniac trait, and children of Military sims can salute. Maybe children of Martial Arts Masters never lose a sparring match.
TS3W 2011-06-25 20-22-03-67
Maybe not. They must have sparred fifteen or twenty times before she finally beat him.
Screenshot-26
Finally, Nichol gets her chance to gloat.
Screenshot-27.
Chance had a wish to hang out with his teammate, Buff Johnson, and go to a bar, so he combined the two and invited Buff to Irish Green. Personally, I think Chance was feeling confined with all the estrogen in his home, and needed a boys’ night out. (By the way, Buff and his family come from Los Aniegos.)
Screenshot-28
Of course, two athletes would want to hang out at a Sports bar!
Screenshot-29
Chance treated Buff to some expensive Buffalo wings…
Screenshot-30
and to some drinks.
Screenshot-31
Irish Green comes with Harmony and is a nice venue. I think it would be a great place for a Bachelor party. I’m just not sure which Lazlo bachelor will have his party here. I don’t think this place fits with River’s or Leaf’s personality. Courage is a possibility since he is going to be a firefighter.
TS3W 2011-06-25 20-53-33-37
Chance, what could you possibly have to worry about? You’ve already achieved your LTW and reached the top of your career. You have a beautiful wife and daughter. Life couldn’t get better for you.
Screenshot-32
And while I’m showing off lots, I thought I’d show more of the Chinese Garden while Nichol works on her Martial Arts Skill.
Screenshot-172 
The gazebo and koi pond are my favorite part. The Lazlo who gets the "Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium” LTW will be spending a lot of time here.
Well, not much else happened this week, so we’re going to move on Fortune/Guardian’s lot next. Stay tuned!

OUTTAKES:
Screenshot-21
Things are constantly breaking in Chance’s house. The maid broke the toilet while cleaning it. And get this, I broke the stereo. It was getting on my nerves so I clicked “Turn Off” and it broke! Chance, Nichol, and Serendipity didn’t touch it all, and it still broke. I have never seen that happen before.
TS3W 2011-06-25 16-45-54-27
Nichol and Chance have been upgraded to ‘Eternally Faithful.” I really haven’t explored the Reputation system that much. Does this mean they can’t divorce now? (Not that I was planning to have them divorce, just wondering…)
Screenshot-19
Nichol was invited to a party at the home of a neighbor named “Brandi Broke.” This is an excellent re-creation of the Broke’s lot from Sims 2. There is even a tiny swimming pool in the back. This lot comes with Harmony as do Brandi and Skip Broke.
TS3W 2011-06-25 17-03-44-85
Gotta love the punny names. I’m trying to figure out where they came from. I thought they came with Harmony, but I’ve also seen a Candy Bar in Sunset Valley, so they are probably coming from EAxis directly. I know Twinbrook is full of punny names. I’ve already mentioned Harry Chesterman, but there is also a Sim running around Harmony named Ida Dunnit.

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 27 (Chance - Asian Culture (Hidden); Can Salute (Hidden)) -- forgot to count these before
Careers:  3
LTW: 6
Skill Challenges: 14
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 2 (Chance - Have a sim with the eternally faithful reputation) 
Total Points: 53

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the late commenting, snarky. I'm just so used to waiting until Sunday for an update! Anyways, I loved this chapter,like always. Excellent! That's all I can say. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, sorry. I put my real name in, but for some reason it marked me as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. Thanks for reading as always. I'm off for five days, so I've been playing the Lazlos a lot. How is your blog coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog is coming along ok, but I've just been to lazy to actally start my blog. I haven't even decided if I want to use Blogger or Wordpress! That's lazyness for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reputation system is okay. I'm sure you've explored it a LOT more by now. I've only had three different ones--eternally faithful, naughty, and one that was akin to 'playing the field.' I can't figure out how to get that one again!

    The shower woohoo is hilarious. You can also have a sim click on it while their spouse is just REGULAR showering and have them woohoo/shower together. Talk about a time saver!

    ReplyDelete