Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy 1.9

I have to say I <3 this game. Something happened this week that totally had me laughing out loud. I don't know if it was a fluke or intentionally programmed, but it was awesome. Unfortunately, you're going to have to wait until the end of this post to find out what it was!
We start the week with Justice heading off to his new job as an Astronaut. Yes, he reached the top of the Military career. So, I had a total RTFM moment here. I was all excited about Justice only working one day a week.  That meant he had six full days to skill, skill, skill. Anyway, he left the house at 6 am, but didn't show up at 1PM. I got a little nervous and was wondering what was going on, especially since his needs were dropping. I had recently installed Ambitions so I thought it was a glitch. I looked back at his career panel and noticed his hours were 7AM - 1AM. *Doh!* 1 AM, not 1 PM. *slaps forehead* So, while it's nice that Astronauts only work one day a week, that one day is an eighteen hour shift!
Biyu started out as a good house guest. She helped the maid with the chores and didn't eat too much. However, something went down between her and Adaeze when I wasn't looking because Adaeze started complaining that Biyu was being rude and Biyu left in a huff. We got a notice a couple of days later that she died back in Shang SimLa. RIP, Biyu!
Doreen went to the junkyard to dig for scraps. She can eat Sim food, but scraps fill up her Hunger bar faster.
Chance expounded on the virtues of exercise, but Shawn Burney wasn't hearing it. It turns out she's a Couch Potato. She also has a nearly identical sister named Glenda (I think). Or maybe this is Glenda. I'm going to get a reputation for not remembering Sim names.
By the way, here's a close up of Chance. He's dropped some weight so his face has thinned out. It's interesting that he has the Athletic trait while Fortune has the Couch Potato trait, and yet it's Chance who constantly struggles with weight. Fortune doesn't exercise at all and maintains a normal weight Chance has to work out everyday or he'll start packing on the pounds. Very good simulation of real life. Kudos again, EAxis.
Aww...they're still in love!
They are also still interested in woohoo. Since there's no chance of pregnancy now, I let them go for it every time the want rolls up.
Va-va-voom! Adaeze has reached the top of the Athletic career and she sports this sexy yellow dress.
This week Chance tried to play matchmaker for his brother and sister. This lovely lady is Luz Quick. I thought she might be a match for Fortune, but I later changed my mind because she was already a young adult and I wanted someone closer to his age.
This is Mason Russell, and he's the reason why this week in the Lazlo Household totally rocked.
Aww, look at those eyes. It's like Justice and Adaeze all over again!
Faith, you're too young to be discussing such things! Actually the reason I snapped this picture is because I adore how she crosses her legs while she sits. More kudos, EAxis! Did they cross their legs in Sims 2? I can't remember.
The date goes well and Faith gets her first kiss. And that's when the game decided to blow me away. Justice was in the kitchen while Faith and Mason were lip-locking in the foyer, but suddenly Mason and Justice got negative signs for each other.
Mason is shaking in his boots. He should be. Justice is a level 10 Martial Artist *and* an Astronaut!
Faith ran to the kitchen and exchanged some heated words with Justice. She stalked back to the living room with Justice on her heels.You can see she's not happy with pappy right now. And Justice is pulling a Heathcliff Huxtable:  "Bring me the boy!"
Faith went back to flirt with Mason, and Justice just stood there, hiding around the corner the whole time! OMG! I am not making this up! Why didn't I record it????
My sweet Justice is frowning! He's a Good Sim. He's a Hopeless Romantic! But he is PISSED that some little boy is pawing his daughter. Did I mention this was all autonomous???
Is he thinking of using Mason's bones for practice?
If Justice's antics weren't enough, Fortune comes over and pretends like he's looking out the window. Again, this is autonomous action!
Justice is like "That's my boy!"
Faith is not intimidated by her father and brother and asks Mason to go steady. Was this not freaking awesome? I love this game!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 5
Careers:  1 (Justice - Military)
LTW: 1
Skill Challenges: 4 
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 12

3 comments:

  1. I like how Justice was eavesdropping. Hee hee! I hope you don't mind me commenting on almost every post! Sorry, I can't help it, when I have something to say, I have to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that whole interaction between Justice and Mason was so funny, and it really was autonomous.

    I don't mind you commenting on each post at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that! I often wondered why they couldn't have programmed a freak-out reaction for teens making out in front of their parents. The kids certainly get grossed out!

    ReplyDelete