Monday, June 13, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy–Faith 2.1

Welcome back to the Lazlo Legacy. I know it’s been a long time since the last real post. You’re probably wondering why this entry is titled 2.1 rather than 3.2. I have been using Twallan’s Story Progression Mod to play multiple households in the same neighborhood. The mod has an option called “Stasis” that prevents a family from progressing while it is not being played. I plan to use this option so that I can play every descendant of Justice Lazlo.
So that Faith, Mason, Chance, and Nichol don’t get short shrift, I’ve aged them back down to Young Adult using Twallan’s Master Controller mod. Of course, I could have used the Young Again lifetime reward or the chemistry table to accomplish this, but frankly I didn’t want to wait for them to earn enough happiness points or to learn the potions.
I have also moved the family to a new neighborhood, Harmony by Magic_Dancer.
I mentioned this in the comments, but I want to reiterate here that the focus of this blog has shifted from its original purpose. I had intended to do a straight Legacy Challenge, but I get so darned attached to my Simmies that I don’t want to turn them over to the Time Stream. From the beginning I have always wanted to accomplish three things: 
1) Achieve every Lifetime Wish.
2) Max every skill (including completing all of the skill challenges).
3) Get to the top of every career.
Once these three things have been accomplished, I’ll bring the Lazlos’ story to a close. But that’s a long time off because we know EA is going to release at least one more expansion pack which is sure to come with new LTWs and hopefully new careers and skills.

Ok, enough babbling. Let’s get on with the show…
Screenshot-4
Welcome to the Russells’ new home. This lot is called the “Beach Mansion.” Most of the lots you will see come with Harmony. There are a few I have added from other neighborhoods, so I will point them out as we come across them.

Screenshot-5
This is the back view of the house. It’s ok to be jealous. I am too.
Screenshot-6
The first thing Faith does is make a drink. I probably would too to help me forget about the mortgage on this thing.
Screenshot-8
Mason surveys the pool and backyard.
Screenshot-7
Their daughter Grace signs up for the Drama Club and the Art Club. I’m not sure what career Grace is going to pursue when she becomes a Young Adult. Her traits are Evil, Disciplined, Computer Whiz, and Photographer’s Eye. I suppose she could become a professional photographer, but I hear Generations has borked the cameras. Her lifetime wish is Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, so she we will likely pursue a career in Film.
Screenshot-11
Mason and I have plans for poor unsuspecting Faith. Mason’s lifetime wish is to be Surrounded by Family which means he wants to raise five children from baby to teen. Right now, they are four children short of Mason’s dream.
Screenshot-12
I don’t see Faith as the type who would want a house full of children, so Mason will have to woo her.
Screenshot-14
His persuasive ways work. Thanks to both of them having the Fertility Treatment reward, I hear chimes on the first try. I had gotten so used to seeing Mason as an old man that I had forgotten how handsome he is.
Screenshot-15
Later that afternoon, Grace approaches Mason about driving lessons.
Screenshot-16
Mason teaches Grace to drive in his new cherry red sports car. If it weren’t for Mason’s lifetime wish, I probably would have stopped this family at one child. Grace comes off as a princess to me, and I imagine she has Mason wrapped around her little finger. A princess like that is usually an only child. I know because I am one! Smile
Screenshot-18
After the driving lessons, the family sits down to their first dinner in their new home. Faith lets Mason know their romp in the bedroom was a success because she has already had her first bout of morning sickness. (I so wanted to get a picture of Grace choking on her food. I think a teenager hearing her parents were having another baby would certainly elicit some kind of reaction.)
Screenshot-19
The next morning, Faith gets her baby bump.
Screenshot-22
Mason is in the Criminal career and needs to work on his Athletic skill, so he goes to the gym, After fatiguing himself, he entertains the other fitness nuts with some music. He sees two familiar faces at the gym.
Screenshot-21
Tracey and Doreen! Of course, I couldn’t leave Doreen behind in Sunset Valley. She lives in her own house. I won’t be playing her directly, so just look for her to make cameo appearances. (It still cracks me up to see a robot pumping iron.)
By the way, this gym did not come with Harmony. It actually comes from Volcano Cove by LoCatus. I really liked Volcano Cove, but it lags when I play it, so I could not consider it for the Lazlos.
Screenshot-24
All of Mason’s time in the gym was for naught because he got busted by the cops. His job performance took a big hit. He’s in the red zone now.
Screenshot-26
Grace has already figured out that Jessica Irvine is the queen bee at Harmony High, so Grace wants to make friends with her. Harmony only comes with a handful of families, so I added more from Coasterboi’s Los Aniegos. I believe the Irvine family came from that hood.
Screenshot-27
Grace tries to entice Jessica to slide on the Water Slide, but Miss Jessica is too cool for that. She excuses herself and goes home.
Screenshot-30
Faith goes into labor early the next morning.
Screenshot-32
Mason slept through Grace’s birth, but he manages to get himself up for this one. Breakfast will have to wait, though.
Screenshot-173
Mason got Faith to the hospital. A funny moment passed between them. They walked up to the doors, but before going in, Faith turned around and gave Mason this look. I imagine she’s planning all the ways she can kill him.
Screenshot-174
Mason is wise to be wary!
Screenshot-175
Faith comes out of the hospital with triplets: a boy, Honor, and two girls, Hope and Charity. Since all Sim babies look alike, you’ll have to wait for the toddler pics to see close ups of the triplets.
Screenshot-176
Yep, I’m still doing the cab ride home shot.
Screenshot-179
Fast-forward a couple of days, and what do we find? Another baby bump! Well, Mason does want five kids, so that means one more pregnancy for Faith. This is definitely going to be the last one for these two. Generation Three is huge now. Fortune has five kids, Faith will have at least five kids, and who knows how many kids Chance will have to have in order to get a boy.
Screenshot-182
It’s birthday time for the triplets, so Faith throws a pool party. Though this party ended up verging on epic, I think it was an epic fail. I couldn’t get Faith and Mason to bring Honor and Hope to the cake. Every time I clicked on the cake, one of them would start to get the baby and then decide to do something else. Charity ended up being the only one to age up during the party. Honor and Hope aged up on their own.
Screenshot-185
Honor is the first born of the triplets. He inherited his father’s hair color and his Grandmother Adaeze’s eyes. Honor is a Loner and Grumpy. I swear, I am tried of getting Loner, Grumpy, and Insane Sims! I wish babies had more options when it comes to traits. Honor likes French Toast, kids’ music and the color yellow.
Screenshot-186
Hope is the middle triplet, and I think she may be a clone of Grace. Like Grace, Hope has her father’s hair and her mother’s eyes. Yay, Justice’s eyes have survived to Generation Three! Hope is easily impressed by the great outdoors. She prefers Latin music, spaghetti, and the color seafoam.
Screenshot-187
Charity is the youngest triplet. She is the only child so far to get Faith’s hair color. She also has Adaeze’s eyes which means that so far none of Mason’s children have his eye color. Hope and Charity are not going to get along because Charity hates the outdoors (like her mother), and she is highly excitable. Charity likes Egyptian music, tri-tip steak, and the color white.
Now, the girls’ names are no coincidence. Their mother is named Faith, so I named them Hope and Charity because of this verse in the Bible: “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” (1 Corinthians 13:13, King James Version). In more modern versions of the Bible, the verse reads like this: “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (New International Version). I was actually hoping for triplet girls because Honor would have been named Love instead.
Screenshot-188
Each of the triplets received a doll from some aunt I never heard of. Honor named his doll Rags.
Screenshot-189
One of the girls named her doll Bobo, and I can’t remember the name of the third doll. Coco maybe?
Screenshot-191
Grace is taking becoming a big sister well. She didn’t complain about having to watch the triplets while her parents went out.
Screenshot-190
It’s not like they were going out on the town.
Screenshot-192
Nope, they were just going to fetch more children for Grace to baby-sit. Meet Love (yep, I managed to get that name in) and her twin brother Courage (because Honor and Courage go well together.) At this point, my head was hitting the desk. I was really hoping they would only have one baby. Now we have three toddlers and two babies in the house! And that’s one more bloodline I’m going to have to follow. I sure hope Chance and Nichol have a boy on the first try.

Anyway, Love is Disciplined and Perceptive. She likes soul music, key lime pie, and the color purple. Courage is Clumsy, but he is also Brave. I was quite tickled by the fact that he randomly rolled the Brave trait since his name is Courage. I’m going to declare right now that Courage is my Firefighter Super Hero. A Clumsy Firefighter! How awesome is that? I can’t wait for him to grow up. Oh, and his favorites are Hip Hop Music, Peanut Butter and Jelly (like his dad), and the color orange.
Screenshot-195
And we end the week with the taxi shot. Next time, we’ll catch up with Chance and Nichol and hopefully the last child of Generation Three will be born.

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 25 (Guardian - Insane, Family-Oriented, Unflirty)
Careers:  3
LTW: 6 (Guardian - The Culinary Librarian)
Skill Challenges: 14
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 49

4 comments:

  1. Oooooohhh, great chapter! It's good to see Faith back in the mix, Harmony looks great, and I love the new clothes Generations gave us. Awesome. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kerr and I also like the new house, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that scripture: these three remain: faith, hope, and love, the greatest is love...is on my bracelet my aunt gave me(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that house! It's perfect for Mason's criminal ways. And I think Grace would be the perfect criminal's little princess.

    I was also an only child, but I didn't get much princess treatment. ;)

    ReplyDelete