Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's (Almost) Showtime

The release of Showtime is right around the corner. The Sims 3 site will be down for maintenance for several hours tomorrow while they make the changes to "My Page."  A patch may be released tomorrow which means I'll be mod-less until Twallan releases updates. He's usually pretty quick about the updates, though.

I know the Simport feature is controversial, but I plan to try it out. I also plan to work on the achievements. I am really concerned how these new features coupled with mods is going to affect the stability of my game, so I am thinking I will probably run the game without mods for a few weeks. This means I won't be able to play my Lazlos. I have played through Leaf's lot so I will get his update out in the next week or so. I'm thinking I'll be able to resume posting in mid-to-late April.

If anyone is interested in Simporting with me (why does that sound so wrong?), feel free to send me a friend request on The Sims 3 site.  (Remember the site will be down for several hours tomorrow starting at 8 AM PST).

9 comments:

  1. I really hope I get it!!! :DDDDD

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calista, I hope you are able to get it too!

    Anon, yes, I do like dogs. I have two Yorkshire Terriers. They will be nine years old this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snarky!!!! HELP! I'm asking anyone for help because I desperatly need it. I do not have Showtime but I am trying to install the 1.32 update, and it just refuses to. I get the message "Update Error: Invalid File Found". This is very frustrating. I have removed all my CC and Mods, unistalled/re-installed my game, and I am tempted into emailing EA if I don't find anything online. I thought since you work with computers and you have alot of mods etc., you might be of some help? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerr, you are getting that error because EA has pulled the 1.32 patch. Apparently, it contained information about the next expansion pack, so they pulled it. They plan to release a new patch, but haven't given us a date yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Anon. I actually have a post scheduled to publish tomorrow. As much as I love blogging, real life does take a priority. My mom is doing ok now. Thanks for asking about her.

    I did read the Babysitter's Club books when I was a kid. I really enjoyed them. As for TV, I don't have much time to watch it. Some shows I really like are Lost, Grey's Anatomy and How I Met Your Mother.

    ReplyDelete