Sunday, May 29, 2011

And the Winner is…

If it’s not obvious from my Custom Content Page, I have decided to go with Magic_Dancer’s “Harmony.” This is a beautiful world with a mix of terrain. It includes bars, clubs, a nectary, and a Chinese garden. I’ve even heard rumors there may be a tomb or two in the town. It also comes with a few families, including some familiar faces. It has everything, and most importantly, it doesn’t make the game lag.

I would have to rank Coasterboi’s “Los Aniegos” second place. I think it is a very well put together world. I also really like that the hood comes with a lot of families. In fact, I ported some of those families over to Harmony. The negative is just a matter of my personal preference. I don’t care for desert terrain. I have always preferred worlds with lush terrain. I never really played Strangetown until I did my Mega Maxis blog because it wasn’t aesthetically pleasing to me. Some people on the forums reported that LA lags after a while. I didn’t play it long enough to experience any lag.

Third place is a tie between Bay City and Red Cliffs. I didn’t experience any lag in Bay City, but I felt the town was too spread out. Also, Bay City does not come with any families,so I would either have to populate it myself or use the Rapid Immigration feature of Twallan’s Story Progression. Red Cliffs looks like a nice town, but it lagged the minute I pressed the play button. This indicates that there are routing issues in the town, and frankly I don’t have the patience to sort it out.

I want to be clear that I am very happy with my decision to go with Harmony. Please don’t read this post as if I chose Harmony because it was the lesser evil. I think it is a superior world. Even if the other three worlds had no issues, I would have chosen Harmony. I’m looking forward to watching the Lazlos explore its treasures.

8 comments:

  1. Aha! I caught you out there Snarky! Aaroc says in his rules that it is against the rules to use onofficial cc, and you did! But who REALLY cares anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped counting points a long time ago, so this blog is a legacy in name only. It's probably more like a Completion Challenge now, but I'm still not counting points or anything. My main goal is to have every lifetime wish completed by a member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you stopped counting points (and kept your handicaps) but I thought that you meant that you were still playing by the rules. Thank you for correcting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmm, Snarky, can I ask you something? How would you feel if I made a legacy based on the Lazlo's. See, I'd like to blog a legacy and I love the idea of a sim going abroad to find a co-founder. However, I was thinking of doing a French-themed legacy. And of course, all credits of the idea would go directly to you. I felt it was necessary to ask you for permission first as this idea would basically be plagairism. Thanks, I love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, go for it! I doubt my legacy is the first to have a foreign co-founder. Please send me the link when it is ready. I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, no problem! I appreciate that you are ok with me using the idea. I think their will be more than one sim legacy that has a foreign co-founder. I will mention that there are probably others with this idea, but I will put an extra little note in saying about how I got the idea, blah blah blah. Thanks again, I still love your blogs.

    P.S. When will the next update be? I was guessing it could be tomorrow, as I spotted a pattern in your apdates as they are all on a sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon, yes, I have been trying to stick with posting on Sundays to be somewhat consistent. My next post will be tomorrow, but it will be for my 100 Baby Challenge. Twallan's SP mod is not 100% ready for Generations, so I don't want to risk messing up my Lazlo or Mega Maxis saves until he deems it "relatively harmless." The 100 Baby Challenge doesn't require an SP mod, so I'll be working on that while Twallan tweaks his mods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I mentioned on your 100 baby challenge blog, I am now Kerr. I posted all of these Anon comments, by the way.

    ReplyDelete