Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy 1.10

Week 10 in the Lazlo Household starts very early Monday. In fact, Adaeze and her children are all having a midnight snack.
Doreen gets up a few hours later and works on the garden. I read in the Ambitions Prima Guide that Sims can sell fruits and vegetables at the Consignment Store, so I want to try it out.
Doreen traveled to the Consignment Store via the Teleporter. Apparently, that was a no-no. Upon arriving at the Consignment Store, Doreen immediately shorted out. Luckily, Justice is a Level 10 Handyman, so he went to the Consignment Store to repair her.
By the way, I never did get to test the fruit and vegetable thing. I can't get the "Sell" option to come up on the register. I read on a forum that you can only sell between 9 AM (or was it 10?) and 6 PM. Doreen was there before 9, so I'm hoping that was the problem. I'll have to try another day during business hours.
Anyway, Justice repaired her (without electrocuting himself), and Doreen was back on her merry way. Of course, she had to use more primitive modes of transportation to return home.
This is just a random shot of the maid, whose name is escaping me right now. I doubt she will be marrying into the Lazlo family because I am not a fan of the orange-haired/dark-skinned combination. In one of my favorite Sims 2 hoods, I paired off a blond dark-skinned (S4) man with an orange-haired light-skinned (S1) woman. I was plagued with that orange-haired/dark-skinned combination for generations!
And for the second time this entry, we see the Lazlo children together at the dinner table. It happens rarely, so that's probably why I took two photos.
Adaeze is grinning wildly because she just retired from her job. The reason she retired is that she achieved her lifetime wish to be "Swimming in Cash!" Yay, Adaeze! Justice is cheering her on, but I have no idea why he is holding that sign!
In honor of this milestone (and because it will earn me a point), Faith paints a portrait of her mom.
And here are the founding couple's portraits, side by side.
Having done her daughterly duty, Faith invites her boyfriend Mason over.
Regretting their initial encounter, Justice invites Mason to join him at the dinner table. It isn't long before Justice starts grilling Mason about his abilities to provide for Faith. Slow down, Justice, the kid is still in high school!
The grilling took a lot out of Mason, so he takes a cat nap.
Unfortunately the guest bed is in Justice and Adaeze's bedroom. Yes, I know I need to build a guest room...and a nursery.
During the week, Doreen learned to build a Harvester and she immediately put it to use.
Water is toxic to Simbots, but you can rest assured they won't short out while gardening near sprinklers. I'm sure playing in the sprinklers is a different story.
And finally this week, Chance had a wish to train someone, so I had him train Doreen! I'm not sure how much Doreen got out of the training. Simbots shouldn't be able to build muscle since they don't have any. But it was funny watching her pump iron.
I really enjoy playing with Doreen, but I'm afraid she will have to move out soon. The kids will be aging to Young Adult next week, so it will be time to find a spouse for Fortune and get started on Gen 3.
The other reason Doreen will have to move out is because Sims have an annoying habit of dropping everything from their queue to respond to Doreen as if she had a hygiene problem. Chalk this up to bad coding on EAxis's part. Sims have no hygiene need, but rather than leaving their hygiene bar full all the time, EAxis leaves it empty all the time. So all the other Sims think the Simbot stinks! I hope there is a patch for this soon, because it is extremely annoying!  [Edited 12/30/2011: Actually, it's an intentional interaction called "React to Simbot!" I wish this was trait-driven so that only Technophobes had the interaction, but EAxis made it available to everyone.]

Anyway, that's all for this week. If you are in the U.S., have a wonderful Independence Day! If you're not in the U.S., happy Sunday!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 10 (Adaeze - Hot-Headed, Perfectionist, Frugal, Ambitious, Lucky)
Careers:  2 (Adaeze - Professional Sports)
LTW: 2 (Adaeze - Swimming in Cash)
Skill Challenges: 4 
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 19

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I have just made it through this first generation of the Lazlo Legacy and I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, seaweedy! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign that Justice (was it him?) was holding when Adaze retired was funny, I wish we knew what it meant. The founder's portraits were cool too. I wish I had started doing that with my sims family but sadly I didn't. :( Great post BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete