Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy 2.1

You'll notice that this Chapter is called 2.1. That's because Fortune ages to Young Adult during this round, thereby accepting the reins for the second generation of Lazlos.
But first, in advance of Fortune's birthday, Adaeze takes matters into her own hands and seeks out a mate for him at one of the community pools.
I don't remember this girl's name, but Adaeze liked her because she shared Adaeze's ambitious nature.
Tracey Ursine and her mother, Claire, are also hanging out at the pool.
Adaeze challenges Tracey to a breath holding contest...
...and beats her. Adaeze takes a liking to Tracey, but doesn't have much time to chat with her because she needs to get home for Faith's birthday.
Make a wish, Faith! I know I'm wishing for a decent trait!
And here is the young adult Faith. Isn't she gorgeous? Her final trait is Born Saleswoman, which isn't bad since she's going to be a professional painter.
In fact, she immediately heads to City Hall to register as a Self-Employed Painter.
Justice cooks a Stuffed Soy Turkey to commemorate Faith's birthday and maxes out his Cooking skill. Is it just me, or did the EAxis artist get a little too detailed with the turkey object?
Doreen enjoys a piece of the birthday cake. I'm feeling rather silly at this point, because it never dawned on me to feed Doreen human food. The Prima Guide says scraps fill her up faster, so I had her on a steady diet of metal. In fact, Doreen is running low on scraps, so after she eats, she heads to the Junkyard to collect more.
At the Junkyard, Doreen finds my favorite non-committal couple, Pauline Wan and Hank Goddard.
I'm guessing they must be Mature Adults by this point, but Pauline's last name is still Wan, so they haven't married.
Doreen is excited because she has found a new way to collect scraps.
KABOOM!
It wasn't until after some of the smoke cleared that I noticed Fiona and Molly had been standing in the Junkyard. I can't believe how unfazed they are at an EXPLOSION going off next to them.
Molly got singed after everything was said and done. She ended up running home. I saw her a couple of weeks later, though, and she was still walking around singed. I would have thought a shower would have taken care of that.
A couple of days later, it's time for the twins' Young Adult birthdays. This is Fortune, post-transition. Again, he aged up into Justice's hair. He looks like Clark Kent. Fortune rolled Vegetarian (like his father) as his final trait.
And here is Chance. Justice's hairstyle just does not look good on him. He rolled Dislikes Children as his final trait, and for the first time since they were born, I'm glad Chance is not the heir.
By the way, here is Fortune's makeover. Somehow, I neglected to take a picture of Chance's.
A couple of the family members had wishes related to traveling, so I thought now was a good time to send the entire family on vacation to France. Even Doreen came along. I was hoping that Fortune might find a lovely French lady to become his wife.
Fortune met Jeannine Lambert at the Nectary where she worked. He and I were both smitten with Jeannine. She was so cute, and I loved her outfit.
They hit it off well!
Extremely well, but I couldn't get the option to "Become Girlfriend" to come up. I'm guessing maybe because she's a shopkeeper, she's not marryable? Has anyone had any success in marrying a foreign shopkeeper? Fortune and I were both brokenhearted.
Fortune recovered faster than I did. As he was returning to base camp, he spotted this girl leaving the camp. She caught his eye, so he followed her to the Landgraab Chateau.
Her name is Dan Dan, and she was on holiday from China. She wasn't as receptive of Fortune's advances, and I can't say I blame her. After all, he did kinda stalk her. I let them continue to get to know each other, but I really wasn't cool with marrying Dan Dan in because I wanted more genetic diversity in the family.
They went back to Base Camp and had a brunch of Eggs Machiavellian. With level 10 cook Justice around, the Base Campers ate well.
They ate so well that Chance started packing on the pounds again. See what I mean?
Anyway, Fortune eventually won over Dan Dan, but he ran into the same problem as with Jeannine. The "Become Girlfriend" option would not come up. In disgust, I sent the family back home.
The very next day, Doreen met this girl at the Science Facility. She was obviously a visitor from France. Of all the luck , when we go there, she's here! Doreen stalled her while Fortune hustled over to the Science Facility. As soon as Fortune introduced himself, she got in a cab and left. That's strike three against the foreign women. I gave up and decided Fortune would marry a Sunset Valley native.
Fortune went back home and completed a portrait of his sister.
Meanwhile, Adaeze completed a portrait of Fortune. Troubled by her son's bad luck with the women, she remembered that red-haired girl and suggested to Fortune that he hang out at the pool.
He went that night and met up with Tracey. He had known Tracey in school, but decided to test the romantic waters. Apparently, Tracey approved.
They immediately got engaged...
and married! I was still annoyed over the Jeannine thing, so I just married them off. I think it turned out for the best. Fortune and Tracey seem to genuinely love each other. They constantly roll up wishes to be affectionate with each other. They have the same favorite color, Spice Brown. (Justice and Adaeze also have the same favorite color, red). Fortune and Tracey are also both Couch Potatoes, so they love sitting on the couch, watching TV together. I'm growing fond of Tracey.
Here's Tracey's makeover.  I love hunter green on redheads!
Remember we are practicing Strict Family Values. They both rolled up wishes to Woohoo, so that means they will be Trying for Baby.
Now, I bet you were expecting to see a picture of Tracey, not Fortune, yakking in the toilet. Tracey did get pregnant, but Fortune is throwing up because I forget he was Vegetarian, and I directed him to eat some leftover sushi. My bad, Fortune! Stay tuned next week for the birth of Generation 3!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 10
Careers:  2
LTW: 2
Skill Challenges: 4 
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 19

3 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, seaweedy! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith is really pretty! I also forgot to mention that I like that fact that you actually know the sims' names from around the town. I try to do that too. I think I'm succeeding.

    ReplyDelete