Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy--Justice 1.3




Week Three on the Lazlo lot began with a rare sight -- everyone sleeping.


Meditation is the only way to deal with three babies. During this week, Justice rolled a want to have a child with Adaeze. Sorry, not gonna happen in the near future. I've learned that I can't deal with more than three babies/toddlers at a time.


Justice got promoted to Squad Leader. Now, he only has to work three days a week instead of four. At the top of the Military career, he will only have to work one day a week. Yay! More time for skill building!


Thank goodness, it's finally time for Faith's birthday. The baby stage lasts seven days on the default Long Lifespan, and that's about six and a half days too long. Congrats EAxis on making babies even more annoying in TS3. From here on out, I'm aging the babies up the next day.


Here's a close-up of Faith with her mommy. She got Justice's eyes, but I'm pretty sure she's going to get Adaeze's disposition.


   Let the toddler training begin!


Now that Faith is a toddler, her "Hates the Outdoors" trait has kicked in. So, she spends most of her time in the only room on the lot... the bathroom.


There's nothing like a crying baby to ruin a romantic moment.


I started my instant baby grow-up policy on Fortune and Chance. Here's Fortune...

   .
..and here's Chance.What the heck? He has Justice's eyes, but where did the blond hair come from? [Edited 12/29/2011: I have since found out that if a Sim does not have parents, the game randomly generates them to draw genetics from, so one of Justice's or Adaeze's fake parents had blond hair.]


Here's a shot of all three Lazlo children at play.


Meanwhile, Daddy dreams of what it was like when it was just him and Mommy.


While practicing at home, Justice earns his black belt (Level 9). It's now time to return to China to hopefully win the tournament.


I wanted Justice's trip to be as time efficient as possible, so I loaded his backpack up with food from Adaeze's garden and sent him to the General Store to buy a tent. Trekking back and forth to Base Camp wastes too much time (way too many steps!), so I wanted Justice to sleep in the Scholar's Garden. I also bought him the Meditative Trance Sleep lifetime reward to reduce his need for sleep.


I couldn't find an area at the Scholar's Garden large enough to pitch the tent, but I did find a spot at the Martial Arts school. The school is right next door to the Scholar's Garden, so it doesn't take long to travel back and forth between the two places. The school also has showers, so there's no need to buy a shower in a can.


One last money-saving tip...the Scholar's Garden has a fire pit, so you can roast marshmallows.


If you absolutely must stay at the Base Camp, I highly suggest traveling by Zeneport.


Finish him!


This win earns Justice his black and gold belt -- Level 10 Martial Arts! Justice still needs to complete all of the skills challenges before I can claim a skill mastery point. [Edited 12/29/2011: Even though I'm no longer following Aaroc's rules, I like this one and plan to keep it.]


This chick is looking sour because she just handed over the title of Martial Arts Master to Justice! Yay! He has achieved his Lifetime Wish. Yay! We won't have to travel back to China for awhile! Yay! Now Justice can concentrate on helping his children learn their toddler skills. Er...yay? See you next week!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 5 (Justice -  Disciplined, Good, Vegetarian, Hopeless Romantic, Athletic)
Careers: 0
LTW: 1 (Justice  - Martial Arts Master)
Skill Challenges: 1 (Justice - Martial Arts - Grand Master)
Paranormal: 0

Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 7

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I love EA, what was the chance of Chance getting blond hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned this on one of my blogs, but I found out that if a Sim doesn't have parents, the game will generate parents to pull the genetics from. So the game gave Justice or Adaeze a blond parent. I was annoyed at first, but I like Chance's blond hair now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now that makes more sense, I never understood why random hair and eyes colors showed up so often, although it does happen in real life, which is cool!

    ReplyDelete