Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy--Justice 1.2



The second week of the Lazlo Legacy started out with Adaeze training Justice at the gym. Just look at her motivate him! I knew they were perfect for each other.

Yep, Adaeze is preggers. It turns out she's an Adult with 45 days left until Elder. I want her to be around long enough to see her children grow up, so she and Justice had to get busy.


Adaeze is meditating in the garden she started.


She also got started on the painting skill so that she can paint Justice's portrait.


I thought this was cute. She's eating her pancakes with chopsticks.


It's time to get to the hospital!


Justice autonomously left work and joined Adaeze at the hospital. That's so sweet!


It's a girl! I was surprised it was a girl because Adaeze ate three apples. Oh, well. It's my pleasure to present to you Faith Lazlo. The game allowed me to pick the traits, so I hit the Randomize button. I got Grumpy and Hates the Outdoors! Geez! I shouldn't have even bothered taking care of Adaeze during her pregnancy.


Here's a photo of the happy family leaving the hospital.


Faith is great and all, but this is a Patriarchy, meaning a male must be the heir. So Justice and Adaeze had to get to work on the next baby. For extra measure, I gave Adaeze the Fertility Treatment bonus.


Now that she's popped out Faith, Adaeze can get back to training Justice. I missed her not being able to spar with him. I know it makes sense that a pregnant woman shouldn't be kicking dummies and breaking boards, but this is Adaeze we're talking about here!


Justice earns his green belt!


Awww....who can resist a shot of Daddy with his little girl? Apparently, I can't.


I snapped this picture, because I loved the shot of the moon setting in the background.


   Have you even seen a buffer pregnant woman?


I've never seen the stoves get this dirty before because I usually hire a maid. I hope one of the kids gets the Neat trait.


Justice rolled the wish to train someone. Since Adaeze was pregnant, she was out, so he went to the gym. Poor Pauline was the nearest victim.The girl looks scared out of her mind. The facial expressions in this game always crack me up.


Baby time! They both look nonchalant getting out of bed.


Let the panicking commence. It's time to get these two to the hospital. I know you can have births at home, but I watched a video of a home birth on YouTube. The mother's screaming drove me crazy, so there's no way I'm subjecting myself to that for 10 generations.

 
Candy Ashleydale showed up to babysit Faith while Adaeze and Justice went to the hospital. I have a soft spot for Candy because she dated the son of my GAC sim.


Both the Fertility Treatment and the apple eating worked, because Adaeze gave birth to twin boys. Welcome Generation 2 heir, Fortune Lazlo and his twin brother Chance.
I was able to pick both traits for both boys. Fortune rolled "Loner" and "Coach Potato." Really, Fortune? How could the son of Justice and Adaeze Lazlo be a couch potato? Chance rolled "Easily Impressed" and "Athletic." That's more like it. Why couldn't Chance have been born first? In my Patriarchy, the first born son will always be the heir.


Here's the cab ride home from the hospital.


One more baby pic.


Because Justice and I needed a break from three screaming babies, Justice went back to China to compete in the Sparring Tournament. Here he is meditating in the Scholar's Garden. According to the Prima Guide, Sims gain Martial Arts Skill faster in the Scholar's Garden because being in the garden yields the Zen moodlet. Therefore, Justice's trip consisted of getting up early in the morning, eating breakfast, trekking to the garden to spar until nightfall, going back to base camp, eating dinner, showering, sleeping, rinse, and repeat.

I have to say EAxis did a good job on China. The scenery is gorgeous. The beauty of the garden made the redundancy of sparring less burdensome.

In hindsight, Martial Arts Master is a poor choice of LTW for a legacy founder because traveling to China costs a lot of money. With Justice's lifetime happiness points, I was able to buy him the Jetsetter reward which lowered the cost of his trip from $1300 to $1050 and the Prepared Traveler reward which extended his stay from 3 days to 6 days. I highly recommend getting those benefits if you have an LTW that involves travel.


This is a shot of Justice just after he earned his blue belt. This means he is now level 6 in Martial Arts because the green belt spans two levels.


There is no way I'm going to remember the names of everyone that Justice sparred with, so I'm not even going to try. I'll just give you the high points. This is Biyu, Adaeze's former roommate. She earned her blue belt sparring with Justice.


Justice's next opponent was a teenage girl. I'm surprised teens are allowed to spar with adults.


This chick was every bit as mean as she looked. Justice had to challenge her three or four times before he finally beat her.


Here is a shot of Justice back at the base camp with a bunch of explorers from Egypt and France. Here's another money saving tip. The Scholar's Garden has cherry trees. If you harvest them, you can make pancakes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for free (assuming you have high enough cooking skill).


Back to another day of competing. This is Justice's next opponent. Seriously, EAxis are you freakin' kidding me????


Finally, Justice got his first male opponent. I was starting to wonder if any men competed in the tournaments.
 

Justice defeated the dude on the first try and earned his brown belt. That now makes him level 8 in Martial Arts and tied with Adaeze!


This was Justice's next opponent. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared for Justice. I had a feeling this old lady had some serious skills.


I was right, but somehow Justice emerged victorious. That's my boy! Justice's trip drew to a close, and he left China at Tournament Rank 3. Hopefully, he can reach Rank 5 on the next trip and complete the Grand Master skill challenge.
Justice's trip also ends week 2 of the Lazlo Legacy. See you next time!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 0
Careers: 0
LTW: 0
Skill Challenges: 0
Paranormal: 0

Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 0

2 comments:

  1. I love the 2nd generation heir's name and I forgot to mention in the last comment that I really like that their house is so small. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Fortune's name too. Notice how the twins are named Fortune and Chance? Both names imply that their fate is not entirely in their hands. I also wish Fortune had had a money related LTW.

    ReplyDelete