Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Lazlo Legacy--Honor 3.1


Greetings and welcome back to the Lazlo Legacy. This week we are back at the Russell house. I last posted about the Russells in December, so I had to go back and re-read that entry to remember what happened. Quite a lot happened. The teens went to the prom, turned their imaginary friends real, and Mason and Faith became elders.

This week, the triplets age up to young adult. As the oldest son, Honor will inherit the house, so that's why this entry is titled "Honor 3.1." 
We start the week off with Michael falling prey to someone's shower prank. Thank goodness the dye washes out because yellow is not a good look for Michael. This makes me wonder something though. We know EAxis's genetics are stupid. If a Sim dyes his or her hair color, the dyed color and not the natural color gets passed on the child. Does this work with shower prank dyes too? This might require some experimenting...but not right now.
After another shower, Michael is back to normal and pillow fighting with Honor.
I am still not able to resist pictures of siblings doing homework together. Love and Courage became BFFs this week, which is good since they will be moving to Twinbrook together when they age up.
Love even wants to become besties with her twin's girlfriend. Hold that thought, Love...
With their birthday imminent, the triplets get started on their lifetime wishes. Charity's lifetime wish is Chess Legend, so she started participating in ranked matches.
Hope's lifetime wish is to collect twenty minor pets in the wild, so she started off by catching this gecko.
I told you I was going to name the first Gecko "Geico."
Welcome to your new home, Geico!
Geico seems pleased with his new habitat.
 Michael went to the library to read some fishing books he had bought and spotted a very pregnant me walking around.
Soon, it's birthday party time. As the eldest, Honor goes first.
Honor rolls "Can't Stand Art" as his last trait. I have to say that I was hard on Leaf last week. Honor is actually my least favorite of Generation 3. Look at his traits. He is so bland!  It also appears that EA just slapped his teen head on an adult body. He looks exactly the same.
Hope is up next.
She rolls "Excitable." Charity also has that trait. It's not really going to help with her lifetime wish, but it's not going to hurt either. Animal Lover would have been nice, though.
 During the party, the Russells got word that my son Gabriel had been born. If I have a boy in real life, I want to name him Gabriel. RL Danny doesn't seem to be sold on the name yet.
Last up is Charity. Seeing the elder Fortune reminds me that I need to age Chance up.
Oh, no, distaster! Charity's cake goes up in flames! Lucky for us, we had a party crasher.
Thank Will for Asia Johnson! She autonomously put the fire out.
That was a good job, Asia. In fact, this is the second birthday cake inferno that Asia has saved us from. So I got to thinking...
Courage: Nadine, you just stood there and watched the inferno! I'm going to be a firefighter, for Will's sake. I need a partner who's going to watch my back. We're through!
Aww,,,I'm sorry, Nadine. You're a sweet girl, but you're Face One. I've got enough of those running around, like Honor's bride-to-be. Nadine was so brokenhearted that she and her parents moved out of town.  (Ok, I annihilated them. I don't know if Nadine had any fans, but if she did, I'm sorry.)
Take two with the birthday cake is successful. Poor Nadine is still sulking from being dumped. Charity rolled "Savvy Sculptor." I am not sure if she is going to do anything with sculpting or not. It depends on how quickly she can complete her lifetime wish.
Courage, you are supposed to be a brave sim, so why are looking apprehensive at talking to Asia?
Courage: Asia, that was awesome how you put the fire out. Would you like to go out sometime?
Asia: Are you for real? You broke up with your girlfriend like two minutes ago. I don't think so!
As if to rub it in, Asia hooks up with Dustin Broke. Courage will not be dissuaded. He will win Asia in the end. I have already decided she is moving to Twinbrook with Love and Courage.
The next day is Graduation Day for the triplets.
The game obviously does not share my love of Hope. Mediocre? Are you kidding me? Hope rocks!
Honor and Hope's future spouses age up, so it's time to focus on romance.
 Oh, Francisca's older brother, Dustin, got married to one of the Twallan SP-generated townies.
 Charity and Michael get bitten by the love bug first. They each roll a wish to go on a date together.
I took them to my favorite venue, the pool club.
I love Michael's expression. It's like he's finally realizing that Charity is a woman.
 Yep, hormones have kicked in.
They do make a cute couple. I can't wait to see what their kids look like.
Speaking of "seeing what kids look like", we got a notice that my son had aged up to toddler. Of course, I had to check him out in CAS.
Not bad. He definitely takes after his father.
Charity and Michael's date was a smashing success. The couple is now going steady. Silly Michael! Why does Charity need your number? You live in the same house.

Ok, at this point, I installed Showtime and Twallan's latest phase of Story Progression. You may have heard there was a snafu with Simport and Custom Content. Even though EAxis promised us that no custom content would be transferred through SimPort, it happened anyway. Because of that, I removed all of the custom skin tones and hairs from my game. I also scaled down the number of mods I have. I am currently running with just Story Progression (plus the Expanded and Extra modules), Master Controller, Overwatch, Error Trap and Once Read. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the performance of my game. Before Showtime's release, my game would hang every five minutes for a good two or three minutes. The lag was the reason I started moving some of the Lazlos to other hoods. I hardly have any lag now. I suspect either my CC or the Dreamer mod were making the game lag.

Because I took out my CC, my Sims are going to look different. Some of them are not as good looking as they used to be (namely Michael), but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have a smoother game. Now that the game doesn't lag as bad, I could actually keep all of the family together in one neighborhood, but I think I'm going to stick with my plan of moving people to different hoods. On that note, I moved out Hope and Barry to Appaloosa Plains and Charity and Michael to Hidden Springs.
Honor's wombbates moving out makes room for his girlfriend to move in.
Honor met Francisca for brunch at the bistro. I like this patio area. I should have my Sims eat here more often.
Hank showed up with his son Graham. Pauline later joined them.
Twallan's latest phase of SP now handles pets. Francisca's sister-in-law adopted a dog named Cleo.
And my grand-puppy, Ted, got adopted. Ted is one of the puppies of my dogs Isabella and Duke. They also had a female named Maya and male named Biscuit. Biscuit also got adopted out.
After brunch, Honor and Francisca took a tour of the theater. I never realized you could tour some of the rabbit holes until I read about it in other Simmers' blogs. You can also, ahem, woohoo or try for baby backstage, but all Honor and Francisca did was make out. After a romantic date, neither one of them rolled the wish to get engaged. *sigh* I'm trying to be patient and wait for the Sims to roll the Engagement wish, but most of Gen 3 seems to have commitment issues.
I had Honor use the friendly "Ask to Move In" interaction. Francisca will share a room with Love until Honor decides to propose.
At least Doreen isn't afraid to take the plunge. Her fiance is an elder, so I hope he lives long enough to make it to the wedding day. This will be her second marriage. I wonder how many spouses she'll outlive.
Anyway, now that Francisca has joined us, I see that her lifetime wish is one that we haven't worked on yet.
She already has two points in handiness. I am going to reset her handiness skill to zero with Master Controller so that she doesn't have a head start on completing her lifetime wish. I don't know why I didn't think of using MC before. I can reset all of the spouses so that they don't have an unfair advantage.
Honor rolled a wish to become a business partner. Since his wish is to Live in the Lap of Luxury and he's employed in the Business Career, I think he would be a great real estate mogul. I'm going to let him buy up as many businesses as he can.
This is actually the first time I have ever had a Sim buy a partnership. People on the forums are starting to talk about The Sims 4, but there is so much of The Sims 3 to be explored. Partnerships are base game functionality, and I am just getting to them now.
The thief career is a base game career, and Mason is the first Sim I have gotten to Level 9. I hope he can make it to Level 10 before he passes on.
His Cat Burglar outfit cracks me up!
I realized Francisca had the same hairstyle as Faith, so I changed her hair to this one. This hairstyle is really cute and looks great on blondes. I can't remember if this came from the store or from Master Suite. Francisca is still pretty even with EA skin. Francisca and Love look too much alike because I was constantly clicking on Frannie when I meant to click on Love.
Aww,,,Hope forgot to take Geico with her when she moved out. Sweet dreams, Geico! I hope you're still alive the next time I play the Russells.

Next week, we move to Appaloosa Plains with Hope and Barry. Stay tuned!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 31
Careers: 5
LTW: 8
Skill Challenges: 18
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 6
Total Points: 69


3 comments:

  1. Geico made me laugh so hard! :D Awesome post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, am I caught up? Boo!

    Hooray for less lag! Before I had to use package files, I had a LOT less lag. I only really download store content. Even so, I've definitely cut back due to lag issues. It gets worse with every expansion, it seems!

    I still can't believe you're managing to play all these sims! It's definitely a great way to explore every aspect of the game.

    It amuses me that 'The Situation' is always in a hot tub. How like his namesake!

    ReplyDelete