Monday, July 4, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy—Guardian 3.2

Screenshot-330
It’s finally time to visit the lot of the Lazlo heir, Guardian. He lives in this mansion with his wife, Leeann; his parents, Fortune and Tracey; and his younger siblings, Harmony, Summer, River, and Leaf. This home is across the street from Guardian’s aunt Faith.

Screenshot-331
I’m still jealous of my Sims’ homes. I doubt I will ever live in a place like this.
Screenshot-332
The pool/hot tub area is really nice.
Screenshot-333
And the gardens are gorgeous. This lot is called “The Regent House” and is available for download from Sims 3 Real Estate. (This site has a lot of gorgeous houses by the way.)
Screenshot-175
The home has a library where Tracey writes her books. She’s at level nine of the Writer career and needs about 26,000 Simoleons to top the career, so it’s time for her to write a masterpiece.
TS3W 2011-06-26 17-19-39-93
Well, what would you expect her masterpiece to be called?
Screenshot-180
Fortune has been relegated to the garage to learn all he can from the new chemistry set. Fortune had mastered the logic skill, but Generations added a new Logic skill challenge to discover all of the potions. I’m kind of glad EA added this because it gives Fortune something to do. Once my Sims have achieved their lifetime wish, mastered a skill, and topped a career, they pretty much run on free will. Fortune had already achieved all those things, so he was just waiting to die. (Ok, that sounded harsh, how about he was just waiting for grandkids?)
TS3W 2011-06-26 21-12-25-90
Guardian would be happy to oblige, but there’s no room in the house.
Screenshot-178
Leeann is starting to put the pounds back on, but Guardian doesn’t seem to mind a little junk in the trunk.
Screenshot-181
Leaf is taking full advantage of the new prank system. I swear just about every sink, shower, and couch in the house has been booby trapped. I guess he is getting an early start on his Emperor of Evil lifetime wish.
Screenshot-183
Ok, I’m going to say right now that Leaf creeps me out. Both he and Guardian have the Insane trait. Guardian is more loony, showing up to his wedding in swimming trunks and bingeing on the fruit in his inventory. Leaf is Hannibal Lecter insane. Leaf looks very Simian in this shot, doesn’t he? And by Simian, I mean like Bubbles.
Screenshot-176
Prom rolls around for the younger Lazlos, so they scramble to find dates. This is Randell Albright, Summer’s date. When she asked him to go to Prom, his response was…
TS3W 2011-06-26 16-46-22-64
I <3 Randell!
Screenshot-177
River asks Lil’ Piddy, the daughter of Los Aniegos native rapper, D. Piddy.
Screenshot-190
Summer’s prom dreams are nearly crushed when dad Fortune yells at her about her bad grades.
Screenshot-192
Thankfully, he only puts her in a time out. (Really, a teenager in time out?) Fortune is a softie. He would much rather have Tracey do the disciplining.
Screenshot-253
After her time out is over, Summer begs her daddy for forgiveness.
Screenshot-251
Fortune accepts her apology and even helps her with her homework. I told you he was a softie.
Screenshot-254
Prom night arrives, and the kids get done up. Harmony decides to do the Goth look,
Screenshot-301
as does her date, Alan Murphy, another Los Aniegos immigrant.
Screenshot-302
Is it obvious how much I love the star gazing interaction? I sighed when I saw Alan whisper in Summer’s ear. So cute!
Screenshot-256
I didn’t get a picture of his date, but here is River’s formal attire. I think the glasses make this outfit. I love River’s slumber outfit too. I thought I had a picture of it, but I don’t, so I’ll have to show you next time.
Screenshot-257
Leaf doesn’t care much about Prom, he’s too busy trying to take over the world.
Screenshot-255
Summer goes with a more classic look.
Screenshot-259
Randell makes me <3 him even more by picking Summer up! Ok, not really. He happened to walk by when the limo showed up, so I used Master Controller to switch him into his formal attire to make it look like he was picking her up. He did get in the limo with her though.
Screenshot-262
V196 of Twallan’s Story Progression did not solve the problem of townie teens showing up to the Prom in their everyday attire, so I Master Contolled all of them into their formals. Leeann was getting off work at the time the Prom started, so let’s imagine she was there to chaperone.
And now for the onslaught of Prom messages:
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-40-58-00
That would be Grace’s friend, Jessica Irvine, and EAxis you need to fix the grammatical error in this message.
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-43-03-82
Ok, I’m going to tease you. If you only knew what I know about next week’s update with Harmony and Alan…
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-42-37-45
By the way, did I mention that I <3 Randell?
The star of the Prom, however, was River.
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-41-23-75
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-41-52-35
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-40-07-09
Way to go, River! The first Lazlo Prom King!
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-43-15-89
Take my word for it, you need to heed this warning.
Screenshot-264
The game is not joking when it says the police will show up. There are so many teens in town that the Lazlo kids could not get out of the school in time.
Screenshot-267
All four of them got busted. Mom and Dad were not happy.
Screenshot-269
Screenshot-270
Screenshot-278
Screenshot-280
Screenshot-273
I snapped this shot because you can see the resemblance between Fortune and River. I will admit I am partial to River because he has the most of Justice in him (though Serendipity is close too.) You can’t tell from this pic, but River did get Tracey’s green eyes. Harmony and Summer are almost carbon copies of their mom in the face, though they have different hair colors. Leaf is a mix of Fortune and Tracey.
Screenshot-276
I laughed out loud when Guardian showed up and sat on the couch. It’s like he wanted a front row seat to watch his siblings get yelled at.
Screenshot-284
Poor Tracey wonders where she went wrong to have all of her children brought home by the cops at one point in time or another.
Screenshot-282
And just to rub it in that he’s obviously the favorite kid right now, Guardian gives his mom a hug.
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-53-03-85
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-53-26-83
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-57-59-64
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-56-29-88
TS3W 2011-06-26 20-58-26-28
Grounding lasts for two days (unless they do something else that adds on to the punishment). They are only allowed to leave the lot to go to school, and I assume work. None of the Lazlo teens have jobs right now, so I can’t confirm the work part.
Screenshot-290
They are still allowed to invite friends over. Summer invited Randell over and asked him to go steady.
Screenshot-288
He said yes.
Screenshot-291
Summer gave Randell one of her inventions as a gift.
TS3W 2011-06-26 21-40-02-09
Isn’t he the sweetest thing? I don’t know why Summer’s picture didn’t appear in the bubble.
Screenshot-292
Summer didn’t care that she was grounded. She wanted to go to the movies with her new man, so she decided to sneak out. Warning: do not let your kids sneak out! This is bolded, italicized, and underlined for a reason. If you do let them sneak out, they will permanently walk as if they are sneaking. This is so annoying! It’s the running tag bug all over again. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Summer will revert back to her normal walking when her grounded moodlet goes away or when she grows up. If not, I’ll try the resetSim cheat on her. [Edited 12/30/2011 -- Aging up does not fix it, you must use the resetSim cheat.]
Screenshot-294
Summer’s attempt to sneak back in was not successful.
Screenshot-295
Guardian busted her. So, apparently any young adult/adult/elder on a lot can punish a teen, not just the parents.
TS3W 2011-06-26 21-47-44-53
I guess Guardian is trying to get practice for his own kids. Hopefully, the next time we visit this lot, we’ll see the birth of Generation 4. Up next, Harmony grows up and moves out. Stay tuned!
Screenshot-281
Here’s a bonus pic of Harmony. I think she’s very pretty. The next time you see her, she’ll be a young adult.

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 27
Careers:  3
LTW: 6
Skill Challenges: 14
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 2
Total Points: 53

13 comments:

  1. Omg Harmony (both, but in this case I mean Harmony Lazlo)is beautiful. I can't wait for her to age up to young adult, but it is a shame she will leave. Don't tell any of the Legacy, but I think she is the prettiest sim in the legacy so far. I think she suits the "goth" look. Pretty nice on her, don't you think? Oh, and you probably know this already, but you can use Twallan's Master Controller to adjust the limit of sims allowed in a household. One last thing; Happy Independance Day! I am not American, nor do I live in America, but I know Independence Day is a special day for American's. So, as I said before, Happy Independence Day!

    (P.S sorry this comment was so long, but I just had so much to say!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kerr. Normally we barbecue and watch fireworks on the 4th, but we've got thunderstorms here today. I don't mind because it gives me an excuse to stay inside and play Sims. ;) Besides, poor hubby is working today, so barbecuing and fireworks would be no fun without him.

    I know Master Controller allows you to increase the number of Sims on the lot, but I want the spares to have their chance in the limelight too, so to speak. I've finished playing up Harmony's week, and I think this hood is becoming more of a soap opera than a legacy. You'll see what I mean soon.

    And don't worry about long comments. I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to add that I was also pleased and surprised at how beautiful Harmony turned out. She's definitely giving Grace a run for her money. Just for fun, who would you say is the most handsome male? Now that Chance has dropped some weight, he's looking pretty hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. my favourite male in the whole legacy is Fortune. Justic is a close second though.

    Oh, and...

    PLEASE HELP ME SNARKY!!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!! Well, you read StarSarah's The Starr Legacy, don't you? Well, she has a casting call for a teen sim, and I want to enter. I have seen clothes from Lorandia Sims3 that I want to download. I have seen things I like from Liana Sims 3 aswell. When I downloaded them, nothig appeared in game. Since Leeann's dress comes from Liana Sims 3, I was wondering if you could tell me how you downloaded them, just to see if I'm doing anything wrong. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kerr. I'm back at work today, so I'll answer your question when I get home and can take a look at my setup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, no problem. I appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of my sim's houses too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snarky, I have the clothes all sorted out. Thanks anyway though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, still no clothes. I need your help again please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Catlover800, *waves* Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kerr, is it a .package file? If so, try this link: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

    This is the process I used to install my custom content.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I'm sure they are package files. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait, how do I tell the diffence between package files and sims 3 packs? I have been downloading stuff for quite a while, but I just download stuff into my mods/packages folder. Guess it always doesn't work like that?

    ReplyDelete