Monday, April 19, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy--Justice 1.1



So, I need another blog like I need a hole in my head, but I couldn't resist. I really want to see how Story Progression and genetics work in The Sims 3, so I decided to do a straightforward Sims 3 legacy. I'm following Aaroc's rules with the "Strict Family Values", "Random Traits", and "Patriarchy" handicaps. Story progression is on, and I'm using the Long lifespan. 
[Edited 12/29/2011: My blog is now more like The Sims 3 Completion Challenge by Robin. I am using Twallan's Story Progression Mod to rotate houses. I am still following the "Strict Family Values", "Random Traits" and "Patriarchy" handicaps, though.]

I will be blogging this in more of a commentary style rather than trying to get into the voices of the Sims. [Okay, sometimes I do get into the voices of the Sims.]

So, that's enough fanfare. Let's meet our founder, Justice Lazlo.
Personally, I think Justice is a cutie. I found him in the premade Sims bin, and I made a few tweaks to him. I added freckles and adjusted his cheekbones.
First, let me explain Justice's name. The first names in this legacy will either be a spiritual idea (e.g. Peace, Harmony, Truth) or something found in nature (e.g. River, Brook, Leaf). I chose Lazlo as the last name because St. Lazlo was an 11th century saint who was considered to be the embodiment of virtue and bravery. Lazlo is also a callback to Lazlo Curious from Sims 2.
Justice Lazlo is a Shang SimLa-phile. His favorite music is Chinese, his favorite food is Stir Fry, and his favorite color is red. His traits are Disciplined, Athletic, Vegetarian, Good, and Hopeless Romantic. His lifetime wish is to be a Martial Arts Master.
As the Legacy rules dictate, Justice started out on the huge empty lot near the Alto and Landgraab families in Sunset Valley.
Does Justice look apprehensive? He should.
The little bit of money that Justice had left after purchasing the $14,700 lot allowed him to buy a bed, a refrigerator, and a toilet.
I thought the skills required by the military career were compatible with Justice's lifetime wish, so I sent him to the base to get a job.
After signing up with the military, Justice went to the gym to workout. He ran into Jack Bunch, his superior officer. Watch out, Jack. Justice will be as ripped as you someday!
All of the equipment was occupied, so Justice had to settle for working out to the stereo.
It's probably just coincidence that Hank Goddard and Jack Bunch are at the gym, but I'd like to think that EAxis takes personality traits into account when determining who shows up on a community lot. I also saw Xander Clavell here, and all three of these men look like the type to hang out at the gym. I hope to see Bookworms at the library and art lovers at the gallery.
Justice jogged home so that he could keep working on his athletic skill. He made it about 80% of the way home before he fatigued and called a cab.
Here's the obligatory sleeping under the stars picture.
Here's Justice in his military uniform.
After work, Justice went to the park in search of a picnic basket to swipe, but none were to be found. Instead, he had to grill up some tofu dogs.
Justice needed to make money to afford the $1300 trip to Shang SimLa, so he went up to Simhenge to catch butterflies to donate to the Science Facility. He found a couple of rare breeds (can't remember the name right now), and earned $600. Combined with the bonus from a promotion, he had enough to make the trip.
Here is Justice arriving at the Martial Arts school.
Immediately, Justice got to work on the training dummy.
He quickly earned his white belt.
Two ladies showed up at the dojo while Justice was practicing. This is Biyu Shen.
And this is Adaeze Min. Doesn't Adaeze look like she means business with that dummy? Her determined look captivated Justice, so he had to introduce himself.
Adaeze and Justice engaged in some friendly sparring. Adaeze tried to intimidate Justice with her stern looks.
But Justice brought his game face with him. I just love his eyes in this picture. I love the contrast of their lightness against his dark hair. I hope they get passed down to the future generations.
Adaeze is a brown belt, so of course she kicked his butt. Justice wasn't ashamed and had no problems letting her know he thought she was hot.
Who could resist that face? Let me tell you, Adaeze tried. It helped that Justice had the Hopeless Romantic trait because it made her more accepting of his advances. It still took a lot of wooing on Justice's part to establish a Romantic Interest. Unfortunately, in the process, Adaeze wet herself. She fled home to shower.
Justice was starving by this point, so he went to the Marketplace to buy his favorite meal, stir fry. As you can see, he was excited. He also purchased the Martial Arts book and the training dummy so that he could continue to work on his skill at home. He was too short on cash to buy the board breaker.
The next morning, Justice invite Adaeze over to the Base Camp.
Justice had rolled up the wish to have his first kiss with Adaeze. After chatting her up for a bit, he tried to make his move. Adaeze wasn't having any of it.
She was up for sparring, so Justice earned his yellow belt.
Having buttered her up with sparring, Justice went back to wooing. Gosh, Adaeze, can't you wipe that sneer off your face?
  And Justice finally gets his kiss.
While Justice had Adaeze in a good mood, he asked her to become his girlfriend.
And because I have no self-control, Justice immediately proposed. I love this shot! Isn't he adorable?
Can you believe she shot him down???? I mean, seriously, what the heck is wrong with you woman? Look at him!
Justice recovered rather smoothly from the rejection. If he had been a Sims 2 Sim, he would have cried non-stop. He vowed not to give up on Adaeze. It didn't matter that he hadn't learned a single one of her traits. He knew she was perfect for him.  Determined to make her his, he went over to the house that she shared with Biyu Shen.
He convinced Adaeze to accompany him to the dojo so he could continue building his martial arts skill.
After more board-breaking and sparring, Justice earned his orange belt.
Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I let Justice propose again. Look at Adaze's eyes. Too funny!
This time she said yes!
Justice didn’t want to give Adaeze time to change her mind, so they got hitched on the spot, Aww...Justice looks so happy!
Adaeze...not so much. It was at this point, that it dawned on me that Adaeze might have Commitment Issues. In all their interactions, Justice still hadn't learned any of her traits, so he really was going into this marriage blind.
Welcome to the family, Adaeze Min-Lazlo! After she joined the family, I discovered that her traits were Hot-Headed, Perfectionist, Frugal, Ambitious, and Lucky. Geez! No wonder she gave poor Justice such a rough time. Like Justice, her favorite color is red. At least they won't be arguing over the color of the drapes. Adaeze's favorite music is Indie and she loves Dim Sum.
Adaeze's lifetime wish is to be Swimming in Cash (have 52,000 Simoleons in household funds). Yeah, good luck with that. She shouldn't have married a legacy founder. And for some strange reason, Adaeze was considered a rich Sim, so Justice is now a rich Sim. I don't get that when she only added about 2,000 Simoleons to the bank account. On the bright side, she added enough money to enable Justice to buy the board breaker. So now he only needs to return to Shang Simla to compete in the sparring tournament.
That wraps up the first week of the Lazlo Legacy!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 0
Careers: 0
LTW: 0
Skill Challenges: 0
Paranormal: 0

Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 0

4 comments:

  1. I feel so bad, I have read some of your posts but not from the beginning so I've decided to do just that. This first post was great and he really is cute. I can't believe Adaze turned him down! I agree, what's wrong with her? Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catlover, thanks for reading! I saw you read the whole blog in one day. I am very flattered! I don't mind you commenting on each post. I'll do my best to reply to each comment.

    I'm glad you thought Justice was cute. There's a running joke that I have a crush on him, but I have a crush on my hubby's Sim too, so I hope it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And because I have no self-control, Justice immediately proposed." Ha! I love it! I am the same way. And I play Sims 2 - so my poor guys start crying when I'm trying to queue him up for another round of flirting & proposing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading and commenting, Megan! Unfortunately, this blog hasn't been active lately. I may get back to posting again, but I am not sure when.

    ReplyDelete