Friday, November 11, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy—Guardian 3.3

Welcome back to the Lazlo Legacy! Last time--
Screenshot-16_thumb1
Whoa! Guardian and Leeann are cooking in the kitchen.
TS3W-2011-10-31-10-34-20-36_thumb1
Screenshot-18_thumb1
It’s about time. Generation four is long overdue. Aw, Leeann and Guardian are so cute together.
Screenshot-19_thumb1
Elsewhere in the house, River is working on his homework. In an earlier post, I mentioned that I love his slumber outfit, well here it is. He just needs a cup of tea to make the look perfect.
Screenshot-21_thumb1
In a rare moment of togetherness, the triplets work on their homework. This post should be subtitled “I Fail as a Simmer.” I haven’t been good about maintaining family relationships. Even though, they were all in the womb together, they are only acquaintances.
TS3W-2011-10-31-11-20-27-07_thumb1
Summer at least wants to be friends with Leaf. I am not sure if the feeling is mutual.
Screenshot-22_thumb1
Leeann wanted to work out, so she headed to the gym. She is the most active coach potato I know. She’s always rolling wishes to gain an athletic skill point. If she hadn’t inherited her dad’s body type, she probably wouldn’t have a weight problem.
Screenshot-23_thumb1
Fortune just wanted to sit outside the city hall building. I’m not sure what that was all about.
Screenshot-24_thumb1
Leeann lost the weight, but gained a baby bump. It is official, Generation Four is on the way.
TS3W-2011-10-31-11-23-21-48_thumb1
Even though we are following the lives of all the spares, this is still a patriarchy. Guardian and Leeann’s first son will be the official heir of Generation Four and will inherit the main Lazlo home.
TS3W-2011-10-31-11-23-37-29_thumb1
Aw, Leeann wants to be friends with Alan. I hope you haven’t forgotten about the love triangle between Harmony, Alan, and Mikel. Harmony’s lot will be next. Maybe she’ll make a decision. Alan appears to have Leeann’s vote.
Screenshot-25_thumb1
Like his dad and wife, Guardian also opted for an evening out. He’s reading a book that his boss recommended to improve his culinary skills. Guardian has had it pretty easy. He achieved his lifetime wish of Culinary Librarian as a teen, and Justice had already maxed the Culinary skill. Guardian only needs to top the Culinary career track before he earns his freedom from my micromanagement.
Screenshot-26_thumb1
Speaking of micromanagement, Tracey is enjoying a reprieve in the hot tub. I normally have her chained to her computer so that she can top the Writing Career. She’s at level 9 and only needs to earn 10,000 more Simoleons to max the career. I am so not having another Sim attempt to max that career. Fortune knows the Young Again potion, so I’ll use it on Tracey if I have to.
TS3W-2011-10-31-11-33-43-55_thumb1
TS3W-2011-10-31-11-34-05-23_thumb1
Given the Punishment System, the Romantic Reputation System, the mood swings, and the mid-life crises, I am having a very hard time appreciating what Generations brings to the table. If I wasn’t so obsessed about having all of the expansion packs, I’d uninstall this one. If I had to rank the EPs, it would probably be a tie between Pets and Ambitions. Late Night would come third, followed by World Adventures and Generations. That is how much Generations annoys me.

[Edited 12/30/2011: I think I have been too hard on Generations. It has actually added a lot of content and makes family life much richer. Now that I know how to deal with its quirks, I appreciate it a whole lot more.]
TS3W-2011-10-31-12-07-52-10_thumb1
Jackpot! It may be too late to bring TheSituation to life, but Snooki is still hanging around, and Honor is still single.
Screenshot-29_thumb1
Um, River, I don’t think it’s a good idea to be playing an electric guitar next to a water sprinkler.
Screenshot-30_thumb1
Leeann gets her second pop. I do think EAxis is getting better with the clothing options.
Screenshot-31_thumb1
Okay, I promised some Pets content in this entry, so here it is; the creepy, stalkerish Ice Cream truck. This thing parks itself outside your house for hours on end. Freaky. Unfortunately, there are no four-legged friends in this entry because no one has rolled a wish for a pet. I have to give EAxis credit because I was totally expecting my Sims to spam wishes for pets like they did in TS2 Pets. None of the Lazlos have any of the new traits yet, so we’ll have to wait to see if traits trigger the wishes.
Screenshot-33_thumb1
Leeann had just gotten home from playing guitar in the park when she went into labor.
Screenshot-34_thumb1
I never fail to be amused by the woman in labor driving the car to the hospital. For those of you ladies out there who have been in labor, is that even possible?
Screenshot-36_thumb1
Please welcome our Generation Four heir, Trust Lazlo. Trust rolled the Brave and Absent-Minded traits. Courage is already set to be the Firefighter Super Hero, so I’m not sure what Trust will aspire to. Perhaps, he will follow in his grandfather’s footsteps and join Law Enforcement. I still need someone to top the Secret Agent branch.
TS3W-2011-10-31-13-00-24-80_thumb1
Wow! Fortune is a grandparent. Before long, Generation Two will be passing away. *sniff*
TS3W-2011-10-31-13-03-44-14_thumb2
Just for fun, here is Trust’s family tree. All four of his grandparents are still living. If you want to see the full Lazlo family tree at one glance, check out my Family Echo page.
Screenshot-37_thumb1
I didn’t forget the “taking baby home in cab” shot. By now, you should know that’s a staple in this blog.
Screenshot-38_thumb1
The next night, the Lazlos celebrated more birthdays with the triplets aging up to young adult. As the eldest, Summer went first.
Screenshot-45_thumb1
She rolled the Savvy Sculptor trait, so I gave her an artsy look. I am thrilled when Sims roll traits that match their destiny. Ok, I know what you are thinking. How can the triplets be aging up to young adult when Grace is still a teenager? The truth is Grace has already aged up to young adult. I just didn’t include her age up in the last Russell post. I was thinking the triplets had one more full week left as teenagers, so I held Grace’s age-up back for the next Russell post. Do not worry. There has not been a rift in the time stream!
Anyway, to recap, Summer’s traits are: Easily Impressed, Grumpy, Eccentric, Green Thumb, and Savvy Sculptor. Her lifetime wish is to be a Renaissance Sim, so she will be maxing the sculpting, inventing, and handiness skills. She will be moving in with the family of her boyfriend, Randell Albright. The punny names continue. If she marries Randell, her name will be Summer Albright.
Screenshot-39_thumb1
River went next, and I about gagged at the look EA gave him.
Screenshot-40_thumb1
That’s better. I was bummed that his teen hairstyle wasn’t available for young adults. I loved that hair on him. River rolled Vegetarian, following in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps. Too bad he’s not the heir, I could have made that a family trait. River’s traits are: Loner, Clumsy, Childish, Artistic, and Vegetarian. His lifetime wish is Master of the Arts. He has already mastered the painting skill and is about halfway through with the Guitar skill. He will be moving in with the family of his girlfriend, Lil’ Piddy.
From this pic, you can also see that Alan Murphy was invited to the party as Harmony’s guest. The Lazlos are still rooting for Alan. Sorry, Mikel!
Screenshot-42_thumb1
Finally, Leaf aged up. He rolled Great Kisser as his last trait. His full trait list is: Insane, Perceptive, Heavy Sleeper, Perfectionist, and Great Kisser. Um, yeah, he’s special. His lifetime wish is to become The Emperor of Evil. (Every family, even Justice’s, has to have a bad seed.) I gave him a look to match his aspiration. Also check out his arms. He’s been working out, getting strong to knock his minions’ heads together. He’ll be moving in with the family of his girlfriend, Jessica Irvine.
Notice Leeann’s sister Hilary in the background? I invited the Robles over so that they could meet their grandson/nephew.
TS3W-2011-10-31-15-04-26-12_thumb1
TS3W-2011-10-31-15-04-58-49_thumb1
Fortune has re-mastered the Logic skill by learning all of the potions from the chemistry set. Now, I said when a Sim maxes a career, masters a skill, and reaches their lifetime wish, I would let them run on Free Will. I’ll give Fortune free will most of the time, but I need him to stock up on Young Again and Imaginary Friend potions. I may even have him make a ghost potion so we can get a ghost baby in the family.
Screenshot-54_thumb1
To commemorate Fortune’s achievement, Summer made an ice sculpture of him.
Screenshot-53_thumb1
I laughed out loud at Fortune’s pose.
Screenshot-56_thumb1
Unfortunately, the final product did not have the same pose. I don’t know if that is glitch or if that happened because of Summer’s sculpting skill level.
Screenshot-57_thumb1
Fortune had a couple of Imaginary Friend potions in his inventory, so he invited Faith over. Here’s Simmer fail, number two: I didn’t put all of my custom content back in after the Pets install. Fortune seems to be saying, “I thought your last hairstyle was much more flattering.”
Screenshot-58_thumb1
Simmer Fail Three: Fortune’s and Faith’s relationship had dropped to acquaintance, so Faith wouldn’t accept a gift from Fortune. I used Master Controller to make them best friends so that she would take the gift. What? Don’t judge me. I’m not playing for points anymore. [Edited 12/30/2011: Well, not for legacy points anyway.] This is strictly for fun.
I really do want to work harder at maintaining the family relationships. I’m instituting Sunday night as family night. Each Lazlo household will invite as many Lazlos over for dinner as possible. Sunday night family night is actually something my family would often do. We would gather at my grandparents’ house. It was quite a bustling place back then because I had about fifteen first cousins (I have twenty-three now).
Sorry, I digress.
TS3W-2011-10-31-15-16-25-20_thumb1
Summer’s boyfriend aged up to young adult. Maybe there will be a marriage soon. We’ll have to see. With the spares, I am waiting for them to roll the wish to get engaged before I let them get engaged. So, we may see some Lazlos stay single for life.
TS3W-2011-10-31-17-06-38-91_thumb1
Simmer Fail Four: I completely forgot that Leeann had an opportunity. Give me a break, we were dealing with a newborn.
And on the subject of newborns, Trust celebrated his toddler birthday. You need to prepare yourself for the onslaught of cuteness. Remember, both his father and mother were cute toddlers. I’m going to take a page from Carla and show his parents' toddler pictures.
Here’s Guardian:
Screenshot-13-2_thumb1
Here’s Leeann:
Screenshot-31-2_thumb1
Ok, are you ready?
Screenshot-61_thumb1
Here is Trust! Isn’t he adorable? Cutest Lazlo toddler to date. He got Leeann’s brown hair and Guardian’s and Tracey’s green eyes.
Screenshot-63_thumb1
On a final note, I regret to inform you that Fortune’s sculpture won’t make it to the next Guardian update. Harmony is up next! Stay tuned.

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 27
Careers:  3
LTW: 6
Skill Challenges: 15 (Fortune - Logic - Master Chemist)
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 2
Total Points: 54

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the punishment system with Generations. I really wish that wasn't on there. Oh - and maybe the memory thing. All those messages get annoying. Great update!! I like Leeann's transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love Generations! The only thing I hate is the gimmicky memory system that does nothing. I liked TS2 memories because I could see what my sims were up to, but TS3 memories are a joke. I have them turned off so I don't get continuous updates about stupid stuff!

    ReplyDelete