Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sorry for the Lack of Updates

I’m sorry that I haven’t posted an update for a month. The reason is two-fold. First, my mom has been in and out of the hospital for the last month. She’s now on a feeding tube and oxygen, but it is hard to determine her prognosis. Some days, I’m very hopeful, but other days I feel all hope is gone. It’s been an emotional roller coaster.

The other reason for the lack of updates is that I’m just not into The Sims right now. I haven’t played my saves in over a month. I didn’t install Town Life Stuff until Friday even though I got it the day it came out. Maybe I’m burned out because I played it heavily July 4th weekend.

I also need to concentrate on other areas of my life. I want to organize my house and I also need to improve my own health. Frankly, I need to be putting more hours into EA Sports Active than The Sims.

What does this mean for my blogs? For the near future, it means updates are going to be sporadic. I may focus on my Mega Maxis blog since I only play each family a day at a time, so I can play in short sessions.

I really hate that I’m not able to maintain a regular schedule. I know as reader it is very frustrating. But I also don’t want to “phone it in,” so I hope you can understand. Thank you for continued support!.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I really hope that she gets well and that you can find some balance in other parts of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snarky, I completely understand how you feel. On the 8th of July, my grandmother (who I was very close to, and I liked to call her nana ) passed. I was finding it so hard to get over, but now that its a month later, I'm beggining to bear up. My uncle got my Generations for my birthday (which was 1st of June, Generations came out on the 3rd where I live), and that's me just getting round to playing it.

    Apart from that, I also need to keep track of my health! Too much unhealthy food and not enough excersise!

    (P.S, I hope I didn't bore you with all the above.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your mom. I agree with both Carla and Kerr. Sometimes we just need a break. I've definitely taken a long one! You deserve it. It can be a lot of work maintain and updating blogs as well as juggling your personal life with it as well. Again, I hope your mother makes a safe recovery and that you have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey snarky, just to let you know I began a legacy. Find it here - http://therockerlegacy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooo, my legacy isn't ready! I thought I could handle writing sa blog but I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snarky, I apologize. In my excitment with my new blog, I never realised how disrespectful I was being. This was about your mum, not me. I will however be posting today if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerr, I appreciate the apology. I didn't take offense. I will definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your mother gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete