Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy 3.1

Your eyes do not deceive you. This is Chapter 3.1, which means Guardian is taking over the Legacy reins. So without further ado, let’s get on with his Young Adult birthday.
Say goodbye to teenaged Guardian…

…and say hello to young adult Guardian. Guardian adds Hopeless Romantic as his last trait. So he’s un-flirty and yet a hopeless romantic. He’s a Loner, yet Family-Oriented. Such a dichotomy. No wonder he’s flipping insane. And he also happens to want to learn every recipe known to Sim.
Leeann now holds the Sim World record for shortest teenhood. After Guardian aged up, he invited Leeann over, and I aged her up to Young Adult.
Guardian and Leeann go on their first official date to Stoney Falls…
…where they run into Aunt Faith and an elderfied Uncle Mason. I’m a little sad to see the elderly Mason because it reminds me that if Generation 2 is becoming elders, then Justice is not much longer for this world.
The two spend a couple of hours fishing. For someone who hates the outdoors, Leeann seems remarkably tranquil. Guardian is a bit on edge because he’s nervous about what he came here to do.
Guardian finally convinces himself to man up and drops to one knee.
The bling is blinding!
Of course, Leeann accepts. And I sit back with a sigh of pleasure. I had been planning this moment since I spotted her as a toddler sitting outside the bistro.
The two head home to decorate for the wedding party. I used Guardian’s favorite color in the theme.

It’s now time for the guests to arrive.
First on the guest list is the mother of the bride, Layla (nee Thorn) Robles. At the wedding, it dawned on me that Layla is the same woman Adaeze met by the swimming pool when looking for a bride for Fortune. In a way, Guardian is fulfilling Adaeze’s dream.
Leeann must get her body shape from her father, Pierre Robles. Pierre is listed as her father, not her stepfather, so Leeann must have triggered a shot gun wedding between Layla and Pierre. The couple went on to have a second (legitimate) daughter named Hilary Robles, who couldn’t make the wedding because she was only a toddler.
Uncle Chance also came to the wedding. He has aged to adult and is back to wearing Justice’s hairstyle.
And speaking of Justice… We had a most unwelcome party crasher.
Grim: Justice Lazlo, it is time!
Me: Aw, come on, Jack, it’s his grandson’s wedding, for Will’s sake!
Grim: Then I suggest you throw a funeral party right after this.
Grim: Well done, good and faithful, Sim. You have founded a great legacy. Now you and your wife can spar together for eternity.
Me: Ahem, we are trying to have a wedding here.
But it will be hard to continue with the Mother of the Groom having fainted from seeing the Grim Reaper. Gotta love those Coward Sims. Justice did leave behind a golden urn. Yay, Justice.
I am not as heartbroken over the death of Justice as I was expecting to be. I have to chalk it up to the Long Lifespan. To be honest, I was ready for Justice to go because I didn’t have anything left for him to do.
Leeann: Why???
Me: There, there, Leeann. I’m sorry your fiancé's grandfather had to put a damper on your wedding by dying. Don’t listen to what your future mother-in-law says. He really did like you.
Leeann: Why is the caterer serving chicken when I specifically ordered duck?
Me: *facepalm* All right, peeps, pull yourselves together. It’s time for the vows. Out to the backyard…all of you!
I don’t know what to be more annoyed about: the fact that the guests aren’t using the chairs (EAxis, bring back the wedding arch) or the fact that Guardian is wearing his swim trunks (silly insane Sim).
Guardian: Hey, at least they match.
Me: Ok, I’ll give you partial credit.
Guardian: Leeann Thorn, I promise to love, honor, and cherish you. And I promise to not die in the middle of our grandson’s wedding.
Me: I’m holding you to that last one, buddy!
Leeann: Guardian Lazlo, I promise to love, honor, and respect you. And I promise not to call home crying to Mother when you wear your boxers to my company Christmas party.
Me: I promise to have more lights the next time I do a nighttime wedding.
Me: Guardian, you may now kiss your bride…not that anyone cares because they are all still mourning Justice.
Oh well, at least the bride and groom are happy. Welcome to the family, Leeann Thorn-Lazlo! Leeann is a Couch Potato like her in-laws, so I guess they’ll get along. As I mentioned earlier, she Hates the Outdoors. She’s also an excitable, lucky Perfectionist. Her dream is to max the Charisma and Guitar skills (hey, maybe she and River can work on that last one together).
We didn’t use her favorite color Violet in the wedding decorations because I thought it would clash with the Turquoise. She also likes Soul music and Hot Dogs.
The family was still reeling from Justice’s death, so I thought why not turn Leeann and Guardian’s honeymoon into a family vacation.
So everyone packed their bags and went to…
Egypt!
The change of scenery didn’t work. Upon landing, everyone in the family clutched his or her chest and mourned Justice.
Harmony (yeah, I know it’s easy to forget she exists) snapped out of her grief long enough to catch a mummy fish. She actually caught ten which I was excited about because I was going to have her stock one of the lakes in Sunset Valley with them, but upon saving, I got the dreaded Error 12, so all of her fishing progress was lost. Darn you, EAxis. I played this a long time ago, and I have since installed Late Night so I no longer get the Error 12.
The blog is now caught up to my playing, so next time we might see some Late Night gameplay.
General Justice Lazlo passed away at the age of 197 days. He was preceded in death by his wife, Adaeze Min-Lazlo. As a young man, Justice gained renown in Shang SimLa by earning the title of Martial Arts Master. General Lazlo served his own country with a lifetime career in the military.
General Lazlo is survived by his three children: Faith Lazlo-Russell, Fortune Lazlo, and Chance Lazlo; a son-in-law: Mason Russell; two daughters-in-law: Tracey Ursine-Lazlo and Nichol Stern-Lazlo; and six grandchildren: Guardian Lazlo, Harmony Lazlo, Grace Russell, Summer Lazlo, River Lazlo, and Leaf Lazlo.

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 25 (Guardian - Insane, Family-Oriented, Unflirty)
Careers:  3
LTW: 6 (Guardian - The Culinary Librarian)
Skill Challenges: 14
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 49

5 comments:

  1. Leeann is beautiful as a Young Adult. Her and Guardian make a nice couple. I can't wait to see what their kids look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon,

    I'm excited to see what their kids look like too. Poor Guardian has to wait for his siblings to move out first though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 questions to ask you about Leeann.
    1)How did you know what her favourite colour is?
    2)How do you give her makeovers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, sorry for the late reply. I knew her color because it appeared in her thought bubble during a conversation. I gave her a makeover using the stylist station that came with Ambitions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the wedding decor was beautiful! Justice lived for such a long time, it was sad to see him pass away, at least he'll get to be with his wife once again....

    ReplyDelete