Monday, September 6, 2010

The Lazlo Legacy 2.5

Last week in the Lazlo household, Adaeze passed away. Faith used her mom's death as an opportunity to move in and marry her boyfriend, Mason Russell. Faith and Mason quickly wed, and Faith painted his portrait. Mason's portrait is now my favorite portrait in the family. I wish the others were as clear.
Faith and Mason are an attractive couple. I can't wait to see what their kids look like.
Mason is in the Criminal career and got arrested a couple of times this week. This is the first time I've played a criminal, so this was my first arrest. I wondered if there would be any tension between Mason and Fortune since Fortune is in the Law Enforcement career, but they appear to be getting along fine.
Fortune continued his pursuit of the Chess Master title. Surprisingly, his next competitor was his own brother. I scratched my head over this one. First, I didn't realize housemates could be competitors. Second, Chance hardly ever plays chess, so how did he get ranked?
It's time for Harmony's birthday.
The whole family is there to celebrate.
And here's Harmony after her makeover. She rolled Snob as her third trait, so she might get a money-related LTW.
Harmony loves the outdoors. She doesn't have the Angler trait, but she has developed an affinity for fishing. I'm hoping she does roll the Angler trait because I still need someone to complete the Fisher career and the Perfect Aquarium LTW. I also want to build a koi pond on the Lazlo lot, so I'm hoping to get Harmony high enough in fishing so that she can visit China and catch all of the varieties of koi. Guardian likes to fish too and there is pond conveniently across the street from the Lazlo home, so Guardian and Harmony spend a lot of quality time together.
I snapped this shot just to show off my graphics card. The fish have never looked so good in my game.
Not only do they fish together, they also do their homework together. Since Guardian and Harmony spend a lot of time together, I'm hoping they will have a closer relationship with each other than their father has with his siblings.
Speaking of Fortune, he is busy searching the galaxy to work on the Celestial Explorer skill challenge. He finds a star and names it after his late mother, Adaeze.
Adaeze must have been touched by Fortune's gesture because she made her first ghostly appearance that night. She didn't stay out for very long and Justice didn't see her. Poor Justice. He hasn't appeared much in this entry because I'm pretty much letting him do his own thing. He probably has about 30 days left, and I have no clue what to do with him.
I do, however, know what I'm going to do with Chance. He has maxed the Sports career, so I'm going to kick him out of the house.
Faith takes advantage of her brother's vacancy as an opportunity to expand her family once again. Mason's LTW is to be Surrounded by Family, so he is more than happy to oblige.
Justice's third grandchild is on the way!
I'm going to end this week's entry with this painting of Faith's It was too pretty for me to sell!
Sorry that this entry is all over the place. I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks, so I'm feeling rusty. I have been experimenting in other neighborhoods with Twallan's Story Progression Mod.
I've seen glitches in those hoods, and one hood completely self-destructed.  I cannot say for fact that the glitches were caused by the mod, but I'm not ready to unleash this mod on my legacy hood. 
In case you haven't noticed, I have stopped counting points. I still plan to complete every LTW, get to the top of every career, and max every skill, but I'm not interested in fulfilling the other requirements of the challenge (portraits, Lifetime Happiness points, and Perfect Upbringing).  I will be sticking to my handicaps, though. 

[Edited 12/30/2011 -- I am using Twallan's Story Progression now, and I have converted this into a Completion Challenge, so the above comments are no longer relevant.]

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 19 (Chance - Easily Impressed, Friendly, Schmoozer, Dislikes Children)
Careers:  2
LTW: 4 (Chance - Superstar Athlete)
Skill Challenges:10 (Chance - Athletic - Body Builder; Athletic - Fitness Nut; Athletic - Marathon Runner)
Paranormal: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Total Points: 36

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of using Twallan's mods in my game too. I can't wait to see how they work in your game. :D

    ReplyDelete