Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Lazlo Legacy—Faith 2.4

Welcome back to the Lazlo Legacy. This week, we are visiting Faith’s lot which is now short one child. Last week, Faith’s eldest, Grace, moved in with her boyfriend Sean’s family and got engaged.
Screenshot-118_thumb1
Upon entering the house, the first thing I see is Charity talking to TheSituation! I was thrilled because I thought he had been deleted from the game. It looks like my plan to have Charity marry her Imaginary Friend is back on!
Screenshot-121_thumb1
I got a notice that Prom would be happening Wednesday night, so I had the Russell teens scrounge around for dates. This young lady is Francisca Baker. I had been seeing her around town and thought she would be a good match for Honor or Courage.
Screenshot-119_thumb1
She took a liking to Honor.
Screenshot-120_thumb1
TS3W-2011-12-04-19-03-29-02_thumb1
Very well. One down, two to go. (Hope will be going to the prom with Barry, of course, and Charity is going stag since her intended is Imaginary.)
Screenshot-122_thumb1
I had Courage stay after school one day to see what girls were in his class. This is Beverly Shrock, the half sister of Barry Chesterman. Beverly is the product of Barry’s mother’s first marriage to Richard Shrock.
Screenshot-127_thumb1
Rodney Shrock, Barry’s oldest half-sibling, is also a product of the same union. There are probably more of Harry’s and Mary’s genes running around Harmony than Justice’s!
Rodney looks excited about the new teacher that just started working at the school.
Screenshot-128_thumb1
Nadine Tuttle also can’t contain her enthusiasm for the new teacher.
Screenshot-125_thumb1
It seems everyone has the mystery woman on their mind.
Screenshot-126_thumb1
Is it her winning smile?
Screenshot-124_thumb1
Maybe they are on their best behavior because they know she has the power to Totally Annihilate them at will. I’m sure you’ve figured it out, but this is my simself. Meet Temesha Snarky. My husband Daniel’s simself has also been added to the hood, along with our two Yorkies, Isabella and Duke. I won’t be playing my simself’s family directly, but I am hoping one of my descendants marries a Lazlo. There is a high probability of that happening because aging is turned off for me, hubby, and our doggies.
Incidentally, I have no idea why the Sims reacted to sim!Temesha the way they did. Temesha Snarky isn’t even a celebrity. She did a cute little fist pump when they all recognized her though. I wish I had caught it on camera.
Anyway, back to the task at hand. Courage is on a mission to secure a prom date.
TS3W-2011-12-04-20-21-44-35_thumb1
Daniela Thornton shot him down. Gee, Daniela, you should really work on that self-esteem.
TS3W-2011-12-04-20-24-43-53_thumb1
His attempt with Nadine went much, much better. It’s hard to be disappointed with a girl who obviously worships me. Smile
Screenshot-130_thumb1
Aww…. I approve! I think they make an adorable couple. Ok, the boys are taken care of. That only leaves Love.
I guess I forgot to mention that Love and Courage grew up. Courage rolled Friendly as his fourth trait to go along with Brave, Clumsy, and Neat. Like I had planned all along, his lifetime wish is Firefighter Super Hero. He’s definitely going to need to save up for the Young Again lifetime reward.
Love added Bookworm to her list of traits. She is also Disciplined, Perceptive, and Neurotic. Her lifetime wish is Pervasive Private Eye. I think Love and Courage will be affectionately known as “The Ambitions Twins.” With them aging to teen, Mason has completed his Surrounded By Family lifetime wish. Congratulations, Mason!
TS3W-2011-12-04-20-53-04-02_thumb1
Mason may have accomplished his LTW, but I’m not sure he is going to make it to the top of the Thief Branch before he passes away. I’m not going to use the Age Freeze potion on him because the Sim with the Master Thief LTW will need to top this career anyway. Sorry, Mason!
While we’re on the subject of potions, I remembered that Faith had gotten the Imaginary Friend potion from Fortune. I couldn’t wait to see what TheSituation really looked like. I checked Faith’s inventory, but the potion was nowhere to be found. I even checked the Family Inventory, and it wasn’t there either. At some point, I think the Stasis option got turned off of the Russell household because when I first entered their lot, the wishes I had locked in were missing. In that time, Faith must have sold the potion. I tell you, I was aggravated then. I didn’t want to go through the process of switching to Fortune’s lot so that he could give her another potion only to have that one vanish on me too. So, I used Master Controller to max Faith’s Logic skill. I then chained her to the Chemistry Set until she discovered the Imaginary Friend Potion. So, yeah, I cheated. But I don’t care because Fortune learned the potion without any cheats.
Anyway, I had Faith make four potions to bring all of the imaginary friends to life. (Love’s IF will no longer come to life, so that just leaves us with four.) First up was Hope’s Imaginary Friend, PaulyD.
Screenshot-131_thumb1
Not bad. The hat reminds me of an Al Simhara sim. Since Hope will be marrying Barry, I kicked PaulyD out of the house.
Next up is Honor’s IF, Snooki.
Screenshot-134_thumb1
Wow! I had never turned an imaginary friend real before. I had no idea they could get purple hair and turquoise eyes. I really want those eyes in my Lazlo bloodline! However, I like Honor with Francisca, so poor Snooki also got the boot.
Next up, is Courage’s friend Janelle.
Screenshot-133_thumb1
She got the eyes too and a cool hair color. Uh-oh, Nadine, there might be a change in plans. I decided to keep Janelle in the house until I figured out if she or Nadine would end up with Courage.
And now, finally, the future Mr. Charity Russell, TheSituation:
Screenshot-137_thumb1
Charity gave him the potion and watched the colors swirl around him.
Screenshot-139_thumb1
Personally, I think the transformation animation takes a bit longer than necessary.
TS3W-2011-12-04-22-22-16-74_thumb1
Screenshot-141_thumb1
Yes, he got the turquoise eyes! Plus, he’s kinda hot!
Screenshot_thumb1
I gave Michael a dye job because I prefer the purple hair on him. Yes, I’m calling him Michael now. I’m sick of typing TheSituation, and Michael is the real name of the real “The Situation.” I noticed that all the imaginary friends were reasonably attractive and some of them got interesting hair and eye colors. It might be neat to do a legacy where the torch holder always marries his/her IF. I figured I was not the first person to have this idea, so I googled “Sims 3 Imaginary Friend Legacy,” and came across Desmera’s Imaginary Legacy. She has a very unique approach to the Legacy Challenge, and her characters are adorable. I actually cried when her founding couple passed away. I didn’t even cry when Justice passed away, people! I highly recommend that you check out her blog.
Don’t worry, I am not planning to turn this into an Imaginary Friend Legacy (though I may continue the trend for Charity’s line only.)
Anyway, as you can see, one of Michael’s traits is Angler. His other traits are Great Kisser, Dramatic, Animal Lover, and Childish. Childish does make sense for a former Imaginary Friend. He’s also my first Sim with the Dramatic trait, and he got one of the new traits that came with Pets. He also has the Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium lifetime wish. Since Charity wants to be a Chess Legend, I foresee the two of them spending a lot of the time in the park.
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-55-13-12_thumb1
Oh, yeah. In all the imaginary friend excitement, I forgot about Prom. I never did get a date for Love.
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-56-59-17_thumb1
I know I’ve said it a million times, but I <3 Barry!
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-54-32-38_thumb1
I’m not surprised. Honor is an Ambitious Sim. I bet he’s not above buying votes, either.
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-55-00-02_thumb1
Poor Charity!
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-54-15-25_thumb1
Unfortunately, the night went downhill for Love.
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-55-29-91_thumb1
Who the heck is Ethan? Anyway, Love, beggars can’t be choosers.
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-54-53-79_thumb1
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-58-14-95_thumb1
Sorry, Love, but maybe you should have been nicer to Ethan. You reap what you sow, little girl.
So, the streak of epic proms comes to an end. But someone else besides Hope and Barry had a good night.
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-57-49-26_thumb1
TS3W-2011-12-10-15-56-25-33_thumb1
All of this would have been great if Nadine hadn’t been on our lot at the time it happened. Nadine came home from school with one of the girls and never left the lot when the prom started.
Screenshot-2_thumb1
Faith: If you’re at my house, who is at the prom with my son?
Nadine: Would you believe I have an evil twin sister?
Screenshot-4_thumb1
Well since Nadine (or Nadine’s imposter) took matters into her own hands and snagged Courage, Janelle will be leaving us. Bye-bye, Janelle. I bet you would have made pretty babies!
Screenshot-5_thumb1
I have a plan for Janelle, so we may see her again.
TS3W-2011-12-10-17-54-50-80_thumb1
TS3W-2011-12-10-17-54-54-28_thumb1
It’s time for Mason and Faith to become elders (again). We threw a birthday party and invited the entire Lazlo family and their significant others over.
Screenshot-10_thumb1
When was the last time we saw Fortune and Chance together?
Screenshot-11_thumb1
I managed to snag a picture of all three of Justice’s children.
Screenshot-12_thumb1
Mason blew out the candles first.
Screenshot-14_thumb1
He still has his great smile.
Screenshot-15_thumb1
Faith’s turn.
Screenshot-16_thumb2
She looks a bit like Adaeze did as an elder. To put things in perspective, Faith was born in this blog on April 24, 2010. She’s been alive for over a year and a half real time.
TS3W-2011-12-10-18-57-53-16_thumb1
Sure, Mason. I’ll let you retire…as soon as you get to the top of your career.
Screenshot-17_thumb1
The party wore out Courage and Charity. They couldn’t even make it upstairs to their beds.
TS3W-2011-12-10-19-06-06-74_thumb1
I accepted this opportunity because I wanted to see what a Teen Party was like. I thought of this as Mason and Faith’s second honeymoon.
Screenshot-18_thumb1
Until I realized that Michael would be joining them!
TS3W-2011-12-10-20-54-36-21_thumb1
Yes, Courage, that’s exactly what we’re going to do.
Screenshot-20_thumb1
Can you tell I’m looking forward to the firefighter career?
Screenshot-22_thumb1
I let Honor throw the party (since half the time I forget he exists).
TS3W-2011-12-10-21-09-30-82_thumb1
Of course Barry, Francisca, and Nadine were invited since they date Hope, Honor, and Courage. Honor also invited cousin Serendipity and her boyfriend Jeff. That left three slots for potential Love interests. So, Honor invited Justin Irvine, who is the little brother of Leaf’s girlfriend, Jessica. He also invited Dustin and Beau Broke. Now, when I thought I had lost TheSituation Michael, I was planning to hook Charity up with Beau Broke because I thought the name Charity Broke was funny. Now, it looks like we might get a Love Broke.
Anyway, the dress code is Swimwear because what heterosexual teenage boy with access to a hot tub is not going to invite over girls in bikinis?
Screenshot-25_thumb1
Lenny Johnson (front, right) crashed the party. He’s the first cousin once removed of Serendipity’s friend, Asia Johnson. Beau is standing behind Barry, and Dustin is standing behind Lenny. (Apparently, Story Progression does not know its Sims 2 canon. Beau should be blond.)
Screenshot-27_thumb1
Lenny took a liking to Serendipity. You can’t see it, but her boyfriend is standing right next to Lenny. I thought I was going to have to keep my eye on those two. Lenny has that hair/skin tone combination that I can’t stand. Stay away from my Lazlos!
TS3W-2011-12-10-21-30-26-14_thumb1
Hmm…Beau may be a contender!
Screenshot-28_thumb1
Yes, let’s get this party started! From her thought bubble, it looks like Nadine may be a Loner.
TS3W-2011-12-10-21-32-14-30_thumb1
I bet it was Aunt Tracey. She lives directly across the street.
Screenshot-30_thumb1
Honor: The heat is coming. Beat it, guys!
Me: But the party was just getting started. No fair!
So, yeah, we had a Teen party that lasted all of about two minutes. *sigh* EAxis!
TS3W-2011-12-11-10-47-57-76_thumb1
Hope didn’t even get a chance to make out with Barry.
Screenshot-32_thumb1
Screenshot-33_thumb1
She’ll just have to settle for playing on the water slide. Best object ever!
Anyway, this was Friday night.
Screenshot-34_thumb1
On Saturday morning, Mason, Faith, and Michael returned home from their vacation.
Screenshot-35_thumb1
Since there was no school, I invited all of the teens back over so that Love could mingle with the Broke boys. Does anyone see what’s wrong with this picture?
Screenshot-36_thumb1
Back off, Charity. This is your sister’s potential man. Besides, you already have a hot, no longer imaginary, guy waiting for you to grow up. Charity is quite pretty. I think she will give Grace and Harmony a run for their money when she ages up.
TS3W-2011-12-11-11-26-28-68_thumb1
Boy, you had better be directing that at Love.
TS3W-2011-12-11-11-27-59-05_thumb1
That’s right, Mason. Ground that hussy for pushing up on her sister’s man.
TS3W-2011-12-11-11-27-20-13_thumb1
Mason: Actually, all of the kids are grounded for trashing the house.
Screenshot-37_thumb1
Maid: Um, remember me? You pay me to clean the house.
Screenshot-38_thumb1
This is considered trashing the house…one broken faucet. I shouldn’t have stopped Charity from repairing it. So, not a single member of Generation Three has avoided either being grounded or being brought home by the cops. Wow. I rock as a Simmer.
Anyway, the grounding also caused all of the visiting teens to leave. So again, I had them on the lot for all of two minutes. *headdesk* I give up. Maybe Love will meet someone while she’s solving her PI cases. If not, C’est la vie. Not every Lazlo has to get married. It’s not like I don’t have enough Sims to follow as it is.
Screenshot-39_thumb1
No, Courage, don’t do it!
Screenshot-40_thumb1
I tried to warn you.
Screenshot-42_thumb1
Like mother…
TS3W-2011-12-11-11-39-25-82_thumb1
…like daughter. Should teens even be allowed to learn the mixology skill???
TS3W-2011-12-11-11-39-12-68_thumb1
That night, Faith got a party invitation. Since Ladonna Queen is the future mother-in-law of River, Faith and Mason attended the party.
Screenshot-43_thumb1
This is the Queen-Piddy mansion. I had actually intended this house to be the main Lazlo house, but it wouldn’t work on their lot because of the terrain slope. It doesn’t work that great on this lot either, but I had to make do.
Screenshot-44_thumb1
Faith and Mason arrived just as River got home. By the way, I gave him a new hairstyle (from The Sims 3 store).
Screenshot-45_thumb1
Lil’s (River’s girlfriend) parents are both musicians, so this home is perfect for them. They have a mini-stage right in their living room. That’s Lil’s little brother, Lyle, doing his homework on the floor there.
Screenshot-46_thumb1
They also have a digital aquarium. Faith is holding her nose because the Piddy’s also have laundry piled up. I think I know why this is happening. In an attempt to keep the service population down, I turned off the option in Twallan’s Story Progression mod that allows inactives to hire maids. I'm going to turn that back on.
Screenshot-48_thumb1
Check out Faith’s and Mason’s formal wear. You’ll see these outfits again at Grace’s wedding.
Screenshot-47_thumb1
This is Lil’s mother, Ladonna.
Screenshot-49_thumb1
And this is her dad, D. Piddy. Um, yeah. I didn’t name them. They are Los Aniegos originals. I do have to give credit to coasterboi or to whoever made the Piddys and the Johnsons. Their features really make them “look” black rather than looking like Europeans with a very dark tan. Nice work!
Screenshot-51_thumb1
I gave Lyle a haircut because the mullet just wasn’t working on him.
Screenshot-50_thumb1
And here’s Lil’. It’s been a while since we’ve seen her.
Screenshot-52_thumb1
My Virtuoso Mason quickly finds the instruments.
Screenshot-56_thumb1
Faith just wants to make sure River is doing well. She has become such the mother hen. She’s always turning up autonomously at people’s houses.
Screenshot-57_thumb1
She reminds River to eat his vegetables. Don’t worry, Faith, River is a Vegetarian. Also, he is the only one of Fortune’s children that inherited Fortune’s metabolism.
TS3W-2011-12-11-11-15-05-38_thumb1
Speaking of inheritance, the week ends with a reminder that the triplets will be aging up soon. Next time we visit Faith’s lot, Honor will take over the reins of the Russell line. But up next, it’s back to Chance’s house.
This will likely be the last Lazlo post for 2011. I am trying to finish Round 1 of my Mega Maxis blog before the end of the year, and I have seven houses to get through in the next two weeks. [Edited 12/30/2011: Not gonna happen.] My resolution for 2012 is to maintain a regular posting schedule. I’m planning to post to my Lazlo blog on Sundays and to the Mega Maxis blog on Sundays and Wednesdays. I hope all my readers have a wonderful holiday season. See you in the new year!

Completion Challenge Scoring:
Unique Traits: 29 (Mason - Virtuoso, Slob)
Careers: 4 (Faith - Painter) --forgot this one!
LTW: 7 (Mason - Surrounded by Family)
Skill Challenges: 15
Paranormal: 1

Miscellaneous: 4 (Mason - Get arrested, Send a child or teen away to school)
Total Points: 60

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all the imaginary friends turn real... their genetics fascinate me!! I'm hoping to see some IF/sim kids!

    And lol, teens should definitely not be allowed to learn the mixology skill. >.<

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete