Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Lazlo Legacy—Grace 3.2

Grace_3_2_cover

Welcome back to the Lazlo Legacy. This week we celebrate the wedding of Grace and Sean!

Screenshot-66

And this is the venue. This wedding chapel comes with Harmony.

Screenshot-65

The lot is classified as an exclusive lounge, I believe, so it comes with a mixologist and bouncer. I thought having a bouncer was a little weird, but since Grace is a rising starlet and Sean is entering the political arena, it makes sense they would want to restrict the guest list.

Screenshot-64

The inside of the chapel has a buffet table, dining area, bar, and a small dance floor. There are also restrooms.

Screenshot-63

The actual ceremony is held outside, overlooking the bay.

Now if I weren’t a lazy simmer, I would have staged the wedding with a bridal party, and I would have had Mason walk Grace down the aisle.

Screenshot-71

But I am lazy, so Grace walks down the aisle alone before the guests have even found their seats.

Screenshot-73

I gave Grace an old Hollywood glamor look. I think it suits her.

Cue wedding pic spam…

Screenshot-76

Screenshot-78

Screenshot-82

Screenshot-85

Screenshot-86

Screenshot-89

Screenshot-94

Screenshot-95

Screenshot-97

Screenshot-91

Screenshot-92

Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Sean Bumgarner!

Screenshot-108

After the wedding, Grace sent thank you cards for her wedding gifts.

TS3W 2012-01-08 17-03-35-05

This is a nice touch added by Generations. My only problem is that Gabriella London and Chad Offablock are dead, so how on Earth did they send gifts???

Screenshot-111

Well, the wedding night was a success. Grace and Sean’s first baby is on the way. I think Grace’s maternity outfit is adorable.

Screenshot-114

Grace had a wish to eat Goopy Carbonara in the park. When she got there, I noticed my dog Isabella was there.

Screenshot-115

She’s a Yorkshire Terrier.

Screenshot-126

As is my other dog, Duke, who I spotted being walked by hubby.

Screenshot-116

To fulfill Grace’s wish, I put a plate of Goopy Carbonara in her inventory and sent her to the park. Once there, I clicked on the plate and directed her to eat it.

Screenshot-119

Grace spotted D. Piddy in the park. If you recall, Grace’s lifetime wish is Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous. She has to have 100,000 Simoleons (which is already done) and become a 5-star celebrity. D. is a four-star celebrity, so she introduced herself to him.TS3W 2012-01-09 13-29-33-04

It didn’t take her long to impress him, and she earned her first star.

Screenshot-120

Guardian and Fortune were in the park with Promise and Peace. (Cornrows is not a good look on Fortune.)

Screenshot-121

Apparently, Guardian was having one of his “episodes.”

TS3W 2012-01-09 13-51-33-43

What?! I made him real so that he would stay the same age as Trust! I thought once he became a member of the household, the Story Progression settings would automatically apply to him. Lesson learned.

TS3W 2012-01-09 13-58-02-34

Pauline and Hank had their baby! I laughed because the game named him Graham after SimGuruGraham, Graham Nardone, who was the Producer of the Pets expansion pack.

Screenshot-122

Speaking of babies…

Screenshot-123

Welcome to the world, Beauty Bumgarner (because Grace and Beauty go together.)  Beauty was born with the Neurotic and Easily Impressed traits. Her favorites are Kids’ Music, Fruit Parfait, and Lime Green.

Screenshot-124

Standard cab ride home shot. I know it’s random, but it’s a tradition!

TS3W 2012-01-09 15-01-01-87

Adam is one of Alan Murphy’s half-brothers.

Screenshot-138

Sean’s dad, Phil, is a World Renowned Surgeon, so he was tasked with holding a vaccination clinic at this church\graveyard.

Screenshot-136

The back of the church is a lovely venue for weddings. It was created pre-Generations, so I’ll have to add a wedding arch when I have a wedding here. I believe I copied this lot from another custom hood, but it was so long ago that I can’t remember which hood it was.

Screenshot-132

While Phil was waiting for patients to show up, I noticed there were minor pets on the lot. I haven’t played with any of the minor pets yet. It’s been a while since I played Grace’s family, so I can’t remember what these pets are. This looks like a rat, but it could be a gerbil for all I know.

Screenshot-134

This lizard looks cool. Is this a gecko? I want one of my sims to catch a gecko just so I can name him Geico.

Screenshot-133

I know this is a cardinal because it’s my state’s bird. In my part of the state, you see them everywhere.

Screenshot-139

TS3W 2012-01-09 16-45-24-63

Okay, so it was a gecko. Cool. Unfortunately, we lost the gecko because my stupid game wouldn’t save! I hate you Error 12!

We’ll see more of the minor pets when we get to Hope and Barry’s lot because Hope has The Zoologist lifetime wish which means she has to capture X number of pets in the wild. I’m thinking of moving Hope and Barry to Appaloosa Plains because my Harmony hood is lagging so bad. It lags so much it takes me nearly 90 minutes to play a single Sim day. I am now capping my population at 150. I had nearly 300 Sims at one point and the game was unplayable. I have seen improvement with the smaller population, but it still lags. I even wiped everyone’s memories from the town, but the game is still too slow. I think splitting the Lazlos up into separate save files is the way to go.

Screenshot-135

Anyway, before the Error 12, Phil’s daughter Lauren showed up to be vaccinated. Lauren and her husband Kirby are expecting their first baby. I missed getting the screencap, so I’ll just tell you they had a little boy named Matthew.

Screenshot-137

Look up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Yes, it’s a plane! I have had this game since the day it came out and I never noticed planes in the sky before!

TS3W 2012-01-09 15-27-31-71

Grace’s Evil trait kicks in.

Screenshot-128

Seriously, Grace, stealing candy from your own child is not cool.

Screenshot-129

Poor Beauty had a rough infancy. She got to be the first baby to try out the baby swing from The Sims 3 Store, but I made the mistake of setting the speed to fast.

TS3W 2012-01-10 21-10-27-62

The swing gave her motion sickness.

Screenshot-140

She begged Daddy to free her from the ridiculous contraption. All in all, though, I like the baby swing because it gives the babies something to do beside lying in their cribs. I’m still keeping  the length of the baby phase at two days, though.

TS3W 2012-01-10 21-46-40-14

Which means it’s birthday party time. The birthday guest list is pretty much the same as the wedding guest list. Grace invited her parents, her brothers and sisters, and Sean’s little sister Jane.

TS3W 2012-01-09 15-02-43-77

Dorian is one of my new non-Face One townies, and Sonja is the niece of Leaf’s girlfriend Jessica. I somehow missed turning aging off on her household, so she is now older than her father Jake. Sonja also has a daughter named Crissy which means Mark and Elaine Irvine have a great-grandchild. I believe they are the only living great-grandparents in the hood. (Actually, that’s not true. Carl and Linda Johnson are the great-grandparents of Harrison Dunkin.)

Screenshot-142

Elaine Irvine crashed the party, so Hilary made her pay for it by boring Elaine with pictures of her grandchild.

Screenshot-145

Pictures that were soon to become outdated. Happy Birthday, Beauty!

Screenshot-148

Beauty does seem to be a beauty so far. It’s hard to tell if she’s going to get the Bumgarner eye shape. She takes after Grandmother Faith and Great-Grandpa Justice in that she has black hair and blue eyes.

Well, that’s all for this week. I feel like this entry was a little off. I got frustrated a lot because of the lag and my heart wasn’t into writing much this week due to some personal things I’m dealing with. Sorry about that. Next week, we will be visiting the lot of Summer Lazlo. Stay tuned.

 

Completion Challenge Scoring:

Unique Traits: 31

Careers: 5

LTW: 8

Skill Challenges: 18

Paranormal: 1

Miscellaneous: 6

Total Points: 69

No comments:

Post a Comment